«Forgive me ...»

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟏, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟓. 𝟎𝟔:𝟑𝟎 𝐀𝐌. 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐌.

𝟑𝟎 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄.

Every pair of eyes turned to the voice. Apart from Aeseung, who did not want to let her husband's illegitimate son out of her sight, she only glanced at her husband for a second before setting her sights on Yeonjun again. The blond nurse, on the other hand, could hardly take his eyes off the man who he knew was his father but had never seen in the flesh.

He could see similarities. Or perhaps he only imagined them in his wishful thinking.

But there actually stood his father!

And looked him directly into the eyes.

The tension between them was palpable, and even the father of the house, Kim Jonghyun, seemed to soften at the sight of his second son. For so long, he had wanted both of his children to get along. To see Jongin, his elder son, now standing protectively in front of the younger one was a pleasant surprise. But what was a thorn in his side was his own wife, who did not listen to him and did not even bat an eyelash after the threat.

So, enraged, he walked with hurried steps toward his consort, ignoring Jennie, who had jumped out of the way in fright. Stumbling against the wall, she dropped the jackknife, then stormed out the now open door.

Kai, who still couldn't believe the situation his girlfriend had put him in, wanted to run after her if there hadn't been Yeonjun there, who probably couldn't handle this situation alone. So he let Jennie escape, would seek her out afterwards, because the girl couldn't get that far. The entire house was secured, only the back door of the garage could be opened from the inside.

So, like every year, Mr. Kim had put quite a lot of money into the safety of his family.

And the said just stood next to his wife, when she snorted boiling with rage. He gently put a hand on her shoulder, hoping to bring her to her senses and calm down by any words.

"You don't have to do this, Aeseung!" he said quietly, so calmly that the momentary anger in him could not be seen. "You can talk about anything."

The angry lady swallowed hard, not wanting to talk about family problems with her husband now. She wanted to finish what she was doing before the siren announced the end of the Purge. She wanted to use this night to execute her plan.

The plan she had had for so long.

Ever since she had learned that her spouse was still in contact with his affair.

Too much contact.

"We should never have become like this as a family, we shouldn't abuse this night for a senseless murder," he continued to speak, thus trying to talk into her conscience, to make a difference, but it left her completely cold.