Levashovism

Levashovism is a doctrine andhealing system of Rodnovery (Slavic neo-paganism) that emerged inRussia, formulated by the physics theorist, occultist and psychichealer Nikolay Viktorovich Levashov (1961–2012), one of the mostprominent leaders of Slavic Neopaganism after the collapse of theSoviet Union. The movement was incorporated in 2007 as the RussianPublic Movement of Renaissance–Golden Age (Russian: РусскоеОбщественное Движение "Возрождение.Золотой Век"; acronym: РОД ВЗВ, ROD VZV).Levashovite doctrine is based on a mathematical cosmology, a meltingof science and spirituality which has been compared to a"Pythagorean" worldview, and is pronouncedlyeschatological. Levashovism is influenced by Ynglism, especiallysharing the latter's historiosophical narrative about the SlavicAryan past of the Russians, and like Ynglism it has been formallyrejected by mainstream Russian Rodnover organizations. The movementis present in many regions of Russia, as well as in Ukraine, Belarus,Romania, Moldova and Finland.

Overview

Nikolay V. Levashov was educated inadvanced physics and quantum mechanics. He began to practice psychichealing in Russia in the 1980s, and in 1990–1991 he held seminarson the subject. In 1991 he moved to California, in the United States,where he lived until 2006 and where he wrote his main books. In 2006he returned to Russia where in 2007 he founded the Russian PublicMovement of Renaissance–Golden Age, formally incorporating themovement of his followers. A few months before dying, Levashov ranfor the 2012 Russian presidential election.

Levashov claimed to be a bearer ofgenuine "Vedic" sacred knowledge of the "SlavicAryans", and called on his followers to live in rationalharmony with nature following the path of evolution represented byancient Vedic culture. Levashovism is based on the Book of Veles andon the Slavo-Aryan Vedas first popularized by the Ynglist Church inthe 1990s; Levashov reworked the teachings of these books intooriginal publications, including some — such as The Tale of theBright Falcon — presenting such teachings in the style of theRussian fairy tale. Levashov referred to the Slavo-Aryan Vedas ascarriers of the "innermost knowledge of the first ancestors".

The Levashovite worldview has beenlikened to Pythagoreanism by Barbara G. Koopman and Richard A.Blasband, for its being "a rare meld of science andspirituality". However, Levashovism, together with Ynglism,was condemned in a joint statement issued in 2009 by the majorRussian organizations of mainstream Rodnovery, which deemed it anon-genuine doctrine detrimental to the whole Rodnover movement.

Beliefs

Cosmology of Svarog

According to Levashovite doctrine, allthe universe is living matter in quantised space. The universe, alluniversal creation itself, is the visible manifestation of theabsolute God, Rod (Род); this visible manifestation is Svarog(Сварог), the supernal God in the heights of Heaven — Svarga—, the abode of the gods — Asgard —, and the Slavic Aryanparadise — Iriy —, which correspond to the north celestial poleand its circumpolar stars, especially the seven-starredconstellations of the Bear or Chariot (Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, theGreat Chariot and the Small Chariot) at the centre of the zodiac.Svarog and the universal process of creation are represented by theswastika. The universe has three dimensions, Prav, Yav and Nav: Prav,meaning "Right", is the abode of the gods itself,from which all the right laws of nature come from; Yav is the"manifested" world of the living; while Nav is the"unmanifested" world where the dead go before beingborn again in Yav.