(Three.)

++

Elevait

++

Ramona pointed the metal tool at the large white board, standing in front of a room full of her employees. On the board were photos and a bulletin list. In the room were the owners of Amco.

"So you want your complex to be completed in about six months, correct?" Ramona asked. "Yes, it's what we would think is more convenient." Said the owner, Tom, a strong English accent flowing off of his tongue. "Well, I do have a fast construction team, but the time to complete it is unrealistic, especially considering the amount of square footage, floors, and the kind of design that you'd prefer for my design team to do, unless you choose to go with another of course." Said Ramona.

"Why exactly is the time range a problem?" Asked Tom. "Well, Chicago is a city with many weather changes. Within six months the weather will change drastically. Once the snow arrives my team will be unable to work on the project, and I'm sure that you know that trying to rush the construction of a structure is an invitation to dangerous complications in the functionality of the building." Explained Ramona.

"We're willing to pay $44 millions for the construction, will that motivate you?" Tom asked. Ramona stared at him for a few moments. "Your money is going to go to waste if the construction can't get done in your time frame." Said Ramona. Tom started to chuckle. The kind that a business man would make before he says something rather snarky. "So she's just as strict as we've heard." He said to his assistant.

Ramona raised an eyebrow, defensive on his meaning. "Excuse me?" She asked. "You're the top architectural company in the city, but you don't seem to jump at opportunity as much as I thought you would." He said. "We do if it's realistic. I'm not money-hungry. I'm practical. And we can get this done for you if you give us enough time, but realistically I'm telling you what any other architect will tell you." Ramona replied.

The room felt some sort of tension. And Tom tilted his head at her. "I don't know if I'm offended or complimented that you'd rather throw me your money then have a successful project. Or are you just not used to being told no?" Ramona asked.

Mary tried not to have a comical reaction.

"You can go think about it. Pick another architect if you prefer, but I believe you'll end up back here anyway." She said. Tom stared in surprise by her direct tongue. She stared back at him with eyes just as strong.

++

Once she returned to her office, she sat down with a frustrated sigh. "He came here himself, no one forced him to. And yet he had the audacity to assume that I care more about his money rather than a successful project." She hissed. "Do they really think that's all we want? Did he understand what I was trying to say at all? Did he even listen? Why do men never listen?" She said, venting to herself while she opened her MacBook, resuming work that she had left off on.

Mary stood by. "Um, Ms. Davis would you like some water?" She asked, noticing how frustrated her boss was. She nodded. "Yes, please. Thank you." She said, and Mary walked away to go retrieve it for her. With the topic of men, her mind wandered to the thought of the man she met yesterday morning. Dwight.

She remembered the offer that he made for the two of them to go out and talk about another project, however she only viewed that as a blind offer. Many realtors and agents are always desperate to find someone to build something for them, and who wouldn't take the opportunity once they come across a real architect? She disregarded it, focussing on the work she had to finish before it was the end of her work hours.