(Twenty-Six)

++

Two days later

++

Ramona was currently rushing around her own home this morning. As unexpected as it was for her, she seems to have lost track of time this specific day. The grand opening for a property she designed was tonight, and she had it on her mind all night. One of the reasons was because another extremely skilled architect would be arriving tonight to witness the opening as well. Ramona had surely known him, and it's always been a big dream of hers to meet him. She wanted to be sure that everything was perfect.

Usually, she and Dwight would be together at either hers or his house, but last night both she and he had lots of work to do, so they decided it was best to separate for the night. He also told her that he was unable to come to the grand opening that night, due to having a late night meeting with a colleague. So they wouldn't really see each other at all today.

Ramona examined her outfit in the mirror, then heading to the office.

++

Ramona typed quickly on her keyboard, her eyes glued to the screen and moving at laser speed to each line she typed. She took a sip from her tea, then clearing her throat and continuing. She didn't even notice when Mary walked in with a stack of documents. Mary stood by, curling her lips awkwardly. She didn't want to speak in the middle of Ramona being so headstrong on a work task.

Mary raised up one of her fingers. "Um...Ms. Davis...excuse me, but are you alright?" Mary asked. Ramona snapped her head up. "Elaborate, please." She asked strongly. Her straightforward tone often made Mary hesitate on a lot of her sentences. Mary remembers the day she was interviewed for the job, fresh out of college.

Ramona hit her with some hard questions, but she also had an understanding on what it felt like to be thrown out into the world 'naked and unprotected'. She knew Mary was shy and timid, but she also sense that if she was made comfortable, she could display the skillset that was displayed on her resume.

Ramona was bold and sometimes intimidating, but Mary knew that in general she was a nice and considerate boss. But her voice was surely filled with lots of authority.

"I'm sorry, you just seem a little...nervous about something..." Mary Said. Ramona stopped her typing and looked over at her. She then sighed. "Yes, I am and I hate to admit it. I'm going to be meeting with a very important architect tonight at the grand opening for a building of mine. It's been on my mind a lot, yes." She said. "Oh..." Mary replied, pushing her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you these." She continued, handing Ramona the documents.

She took them from her hands. "Thank you." She said. "You're free to take a moment to relax, now." Said Ramona. Mary nodded, thanking her and heading towards the door.

Ramona took another sip from her tea once she left. Then releasing a sigh.

++

Another pair of shoes were tossed onto the carpet. Ramona stood in front of her mirror, struggling to find the perfect dress to fit for tonight's events. The first one she tried of was too casual. The second one was too formal, and the third one was far too short.

While she stood in front of the mirror unsure of what number of dresses she was on now, Dwight sat on her bed, his legs spread and his hands flat onto the bed. "I'd prefer a little help over gawking..." She said. "I can't help but gawk. You look gorgeous in everything you've tried on." He said. "Thank you." She said, showing a faint smile then letting it drop completely.