(Eighteen.)

++

One Week Later

++

Dwight sat down in his office desk, scrolling on his laptop and checking his emails. "Do these people think I'm cheap or something? Why are they acting like they can just offer me any compensation? West loop is a strange place." He said.

He began to reply to a few, sipping from some bottled Kombucha tea. His office was mainly decorated with small square paintings and suede seating. It wasn't as decorated as others, but to him the most important thing was creating a welcoming space for clients.

A few minutes into this task, an assistant of his came into his office

A few minutes into this task, an assistant of his came into his office. "Sir?" He asked. "Yes?" Dwight replied. "Your meeting for today with James Harris is starting in thirty minutes. James is already here." He said. Dwight stood up, adjusting his suit jacket. "Alright, let's get started now since they're here early. Get the team together and meet me in five." He said. "No problem." Replied the man.

++

Dwight sat at the end of a long white meeting table, clicking an ink pen in a timely manner while listening to James speak. Dwights team of transaction coordinators took notes and calculated amounts.

"The building is currently the home of the iconic "Pompei Italian Restaurant", one of Chicago's oldest and most beloved Italian eateries. The 15,141 land site is a prime location just across Ashland Ave from the Illinois Medical District and at the entrance to Little Italy on Taylor Street." Said James, a man with a reasonable enough amount of grey hair and wrinkles to indicate that he was growing tired of ownership.

"And, the details of the structure?" Asked Dwight. "Well, sir, the property was built in 2000, it includes the Pompei restaurant plus a 2nd story 3,700 SF "owner's apartment" with an outside patio, 2-car garage, elevator access and views of the Chicago skyline." Explained James. "Seems like a token location for tourists or newcomers to the city." He replied.

"What's the building class?" Asked a coordinator. "It's class B." Replied James. "And the cost?" Asked the other coordinator. "It's worth $4,900,00. It's a great location and very local. Great for bikers, people who walk, and it's close to locations like Huntington and Bank of America. Even chase. It's a fifteen minute drive from O'hare as well." Said James.

Dwight gave a faint nod, and his coordinators began to ask further questions regarding cost. In the middle of this, his cell phone began to ring. He was preparing to silence it, assuming it was his brother calling him for something unimportant. However, once he checked the caller ID, he realized that it was in fact Ramona.

His eyes widened, and he inhaled faintly. She never called him during work hours. She rarely sent a text message. "Is everything alright, Sir?" Asked James. Dwight spoke quickly. "Yes, yes everything is fine. Just please excuse me for a brief moment and allow me to take this call. Please, continue discussing the financial details." He said, then heading out of the room.