(Nine).

++

One Month Later

++

Dwight quietly opened his fridge, looking for something to cook. She was in his bedroom, sleeping soundly underneath the sheets. It was a Saturday morning, and they were both so relieved that they didn't have anywhere to be. Last night they watched a movie, particularly something that was Ramonas choice. They were under the sheets together after a long day. He spent the night laying with his head buried in the crook on her neck while she played with his hair.

She couldn't imagine that she was the type to allow a man to be so affectionate to her this way. She's never received it as much as she did from Dwight. Even though they didn't get intimate that night, he still held her close to him as if they did.

The way he showed her affection was in the most bizarre and unique ways. He often made jokes about how devoted he was to her. Or he'd lay on her chest and nuzzle his face into it. He'd let her hand rest on his face and seemed to relax simply from it being there. She had to rub his head in some way for him to fall asleep. After work, he'd always wait for her, it was never the other way around.

Sometimes when they'd get inside, the moment she sat down on the couch he'd remove her shoes for her and begin to massage her feet. When she called his name, he'd reply with 'Yes'. He was so sweet and endearing, but she was surprised how quick he was to do things like this.

It was both odd and surprising. However, she didn't judge him or put him down for it. It was his personality and as long as he treated her well, that's what mattered. His treatment towards her also made her feel the amount of affection he held for her, and it made her just as happy as it made him.

++

Dwight sat down multiple breakfast items and ingredients onto the counter. Before he could get started, he heard his phone ringing. He saw that his brother was calling him. He looked over his shoulder before answering it, then raising the phone up to his ear after making sure that the coast was clear.

"Hello?" He asked. "Hey, Goodmorning." Said Caleb. "Hey, what's going on?" Dwight asked. "Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see how you're holding up. How are things going with you and Ramona?" He asked. Dwight smiled faintly. "It's going good...great...I really like her. So much more than I thought I would." He said.

"I'm so happy for you. When I first met her I also thought she was really nice. She's such a hardworking woman, too. But also, have you told her yet?" He asked.

Dwight sighed. "No...not yet." He said. "Dwight- I know, I know. But I'm scared. I'm scared of ruining something good. Look what's happened so many times before. And she's so compliant with me and we have so much in common, I just don't want to lose her." Said Dwight.

"I know. I don't want you to lose her either. But I also don't want you to hide something like this from her, because it's a strong part of who you are." He said. "I know. I know...- please, Dwight. Tell her before you fall in love with her." Said Caleb. Dwight didn't reply.

Caleb then changed the subject. "But, on a more positive note, do you have everything ready for the event tonight?" He asked. "Yes, I have everything packed. I'll make sure I show up on time tonight." Said Dwight, and his brother laughed. "Please, do. Because last time you came an hour late." He said. "Don't worry, I'll be there..." He said.