Part 09:- (Reverse psychology)

3 days later
At Malhotra Mansion

Manik packed his bags. He was all ready to go to the airport. He thought Raj would stop him and convince him to stay with them but nothing like that happened. In fact Raj helped him with his packing as if he really wanted him to go. Abhi also didn't come to convince him. Manik gave his favorite guitar to Dhruv. At least he expected him to be sad but exactly the opposite thing happened. Dhruv was so happy to get that limited edition guitar that he forgot that he was leaving this country forever. He thought Arya or Cabir would be crying but they were so busy fighting with each other that they didn't even bother to say goodbye to him. Something is definitely fishy. Before leaving the house he turned back, nobody came downstairs to say goodbye. Manik felt so unwanted here. Was he really unwanted here?

At the airport

Manik was sitting there for two hours. Even if he heard the last call he couldn't move in inch from there. He got many concert offers from the abroad but he never accepted any offers just because he never wanted to leave his family and today his own family made him feel unwanted. After sitting there one more hour Manik suddenly stood up and started walking outside of the airport. He entered in a nearby office and directly entered into the CEO's cabin. A lady of fifties was sitting on the chair. First she was very angry on that person who barged inside the cabin without any permission but when she saw Manik's face closely she was shocked and said,

"Manik? I never thought I would see you again in this lifetime."

"I wished for the same but right now I need some answers from you."

"After all those years, what do you want to know?"

"I want to know your side of the story. Why did you leave me? What was my fault?"

"I never wanted to leave you. But I never expected that my plan would backfire. When Raj brought Arya, Cabir and Dhruv, I couldn't hold my temper anymore. First Abhi then Arya, Cabir and Dhruv. For god's sake that was my house, not any orphanage and I wasn't a babysitter to look after them all the time. I told him to send them to the boarding school. But he said that he can't make them feel unwanted. I thought if I leave the house then he will have to listen to me. But nothing such happened. Few months later he sent divorce papers at my house."

"Why didn't you ask for my custody?"

"My parents tried to convince Raj but he was very stubborn. He refused to withdraw our divorce papers. My parents got angry and forced me not to apply for your custody. They thought when you will cry to come to me, Raj won't have any other options but to take me back to the house."

Manik pulled out a paper where a small boy had drawn his mom, dad and him. In the bottom of the paper there was written "my paradise". He gave that paper to that lady and said,

"Thanks for breaking my paradise."

Saying this Manik left there. He booked a cab and went to the hospital. He barged inside Nandini's cabin and said,

"They were right, I need help and only you can help me. I don't know how to forgive people. Please teach me, not because they deserve it. Just because I need some peace."

Nandini could see restlessness in him. She stood up slowly and went to him. She kept her hand on his shoulder and said,

"Manik, go home and take a rest. We will talk about it in our next session."

Suddenly he fell on his knees and started crying, palming his face.

"History repeats itself. There was a time when I didn't want them and now they don't want me. I don't know where to go."

Nandini sat beside him and wiped his tears. Right now he was looking like a small kid who got lost and couldn't remember the way home.

"No matter what, they are your family. They will always accept you the way you are. Right now, I am sure they must be worried for you. Go home, trust me you won't regret listening to me."

Manik stood up silently and went home. As soon as he entered the living room he got a tight slap on his right cheek. Raj held his arms tightly and said,

"How dare you leave us?"

Abhi held his ear and twisted it badly.

"Ahhh, Bhai it's hurting."

"It should hurt you. Where were you?"

Arya came there, hit on his stomach with a book and said,

"Did you know we were so worried for you?"

Cabir jumped on Manik from the back and clung to him like a monkey.

"Now I will stick to you like a betal and will never let you go."

Dhruv gave his guitar back to him and said,

"Keep your guitar to yourself. I don't need it, I just need my buddy."

Manik was so overwhelmed by their love and concern that he forgot to react. When they all hugged him tightly he felt so special. He also hugged them back and said,

"I am sorry guys. I promise, I will never leave you again."

Maybe that's called a happy family. They fight with each other and still they care for each other.

Flashback

"I am sorry, I can't reveal any information about our sessions. I hope you can understand."

"But I need to know beta. Manik is leaving this country forever."

"If he wants to go then you should let him go."

"That's the problem, Nandini. Manik got many concert offers from abroad before but he never accepted any just because he never wanted to leave us. Then suddenly why did he change his mind? Something is definitely fishy."

"So you mean to say that he doesn't want to go but still he is going?"

"Exactly. Did you ask him anything related to his past? Did he say something that I should know? Did I hurt him unknowingly?"

"Uncle, please relax. As I told you I can't say anything related to our sessions but you can do one thing to stop him."

"What?"

"Have you ever heard about reverse psychology?"

"Yes."

"You need to apply this theory. Look if Manik doesn't want to go then he definitely wants you to stop him. But you do exactly the opposite. You help him in his packing and pretend as if you don't care if he stays or leaves. Tell everyone to do the same. I bet you if he doesn't want to go then he will definitely come back to you."

"Are you sure?"

"Hundred percent. Just do as I said."

Flashback ends

Next day
At radio station

It's been four days since Navya fainted. Every morning Cabir comes to the radio station and keeps standing outside of the operating room holding his ears until Navya's show finishes. He has apologized to her so many times but she didn't give in to him. Maybe this time he had crossed his limits but when he realized his mistake it was too late. Sometimes it's not easy to forgive.

****************★******************
So that's it for today. I know this update was little bit boring but I always try to put a lesson in my story and today's lesson is "Forgive but never forget their deed." I know it's not that easy. But you don't try then how would you know?
Thanks to my buddy Suk-24 who always motivate me to lead a happy life. You are my inspiration buddy. Love you a lot...🤗🤗🤗
Take care
Bye
Nahar...😘😘😘