Part 21:- (Possessive boyfriend)

At Hospital

Manik was running behind Nandini like a small little puppy and said,

"Nandini, help me please."

"Manik, it's wrong to interfere in other's lives. Why can't you understand?"

"I know it's wrong but I think we are responsible for this. So we have to fix it. I just hate to talk with girls, otherwise I won't bother you."

"Excuse me. Do you think I am a boy?"

"No no. I didn't mean it. It's just we should figure out what's wrong between them? Why are they behaving like that?"

"It's their personal matter. Who gave you the right to poke your long nose in their matter?

"My dad told me to poke my long nose. I mean he told me to see to this matter."

"Then go and talk to her personally. That's the best option for you."

"Come with me."

"I am busy. Why don't you take Aryaman with you? He seems to be a wise person."

"That bookish nerd doesn't know anything except medical science."

"Then take Cabir with you."

"That joker will mess it up and before you ask me to take Dhruv let me tell you he thinks it's totally wrong to interfere in other's life. So he won't go."

"Fine. I will go with you. Happy?"

"Let's go."

"I am busy now. Wait until I complete my work."

At Evening
In Abhi's Penthouse

Manik and Nandini meet Mukti and they talk about the matter. Mukti said,

"Actually Abhi wants to live with his family. According to him, he had to leave his family just because of me. So he wanted me to shift there but I didn't agree. So we had a nasty fight."

First Nandini wasn't giving any importance to this matter but now she could sense the seriousness and said,

"Why don't you shift there?"

"I love my privacy. It would be a foolish decision to shift in a joint family."

Mukti was extremely furious about this matter and determined not to shift in Malhotra Mansion. Nandini tried to calm her down. Manik suddenly held her hand and said,

"Bhabi, how could you judge us without knowing about us or staying with us? Trust me nobody will interrupt your privacy. At least shift with us until Cabir's wedding."

"If I don't like to stay there?"

"When Bhai got married to you, he left us just for you and we respected his decision. If you don't want to live with us then we will respect your decision too."

Mukti actually felt guilty for separating them. But she had her own reasons and she was scared to be humiliated there. She thought for a while then said,

"Okay, I will think about it."

Manik understood her point of view and said,

"Bhabi, I promise you that nobody will blame you for separating us. To be honest this separation was needed for us to understand each other in a better way."

"Abhi once said his brothers are totally different from each other. If Cabir makes a promise then never expect him to keep that promise. If Arya makes a promise then he might forget about it. If Dhruv makes a promise he will try to keep it. But if Manik makes a promise no matter what he will definitely keep his promise. Don't worry I will shift there before Cabir's wedding."

"Yes Bhabi, come soon. We can't see our brother becoming a Devdas and sulking all day. Trust me he is the most difficult soul to handle when he is sad or frustrated. He keeps torturing us with his boring lecture about healthy food and healthy lifestyle. If you don't come sooner than he will make our ears bleed."

They all laughed together. When Manik and Nandini came out of the penthouse Nandini said,

"Wow Manik, I thought you would be angry and yell at Mukti but you totally surprised me."

"Thanks to you and your therapy sessions."

"But still you have to learn how to talk to a girl."

"As you say, my dear therapist."

"I am hungry. Let's go to a restaurant and have lunch."

"Okay, let's go."

They went to a restaurant and ordered food for themselves when Manik saw Harshad and his friends entering the restaurant.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Whom are you talking about?"

"That boy entering with his friends is Harshad, Aliya's brother."

"Manik, calm down. He is your relative now. Please don't create a scene here."

"Even if I try to avoid him, he won't let me be at peace."

At that time Harshad saw them and came towards them. Manik immediately stood up. Harshad said,

"Relax, I am not here to fight with you. We need to talk. May I?"

Manik closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Only he knew how much he hated this person. Still he sat on the chair and signaled him to sit.

"Look Manik, we were best friends. We started fighting because of a college issue. We never got anything by continuing this fight. In fact I lost my sister because of my impulsive behavior. So I want to end our fight here. Can we be friends again?"

Manik was totally surprised. He never expected this from him. He looked at Nandini and she blinked her eyes as if assuring him that he wasn't hallucinating.

"Okay but if you try to harm your brother again then trust me you will see the devil inside me."

Harshad shook his hand with Manik and said,

"I will keep that in mind. By the way, is she your girlfriend? I must say she is very pretty."

Harshad forwarded his hand towards Nandini and said,

"Hi, I am Harshad. And you?"

Before Nandini could give her hand for a friendly hand shake Manik grabbed his hand and said,

"Stay away from my girlfriend."

"Oho, possessive boyfriend. But thank god, finally you got a girlfriend, otherwise we thought you were a gay."

"Very funny. Now give us some privacy and get lost."

"Sure, enjoy your meal. It was nice meeting you, pretty lady. Bye."

Harshad waved at her and sat on a corner table with his friends. Manik rubbed his nap and said,

"Actually he is such a womanizer. That's why I told him that you are my girlfriend."

Nandini laughed out loudly and pulled his cheeks.

"Awww Manik, you are so cute."

Manik got irritated. He removed her hands from his cheeks and said,

"Stop pulling my cheeks. Food is getting cold, let's eat."

Nandini saluted him dramatically and said,

"Aye aye captain."

****************★******************
Here is your Manan wala update. How's it? Did you enjoy? Please let me know your opinions by your comments and of course don't forget to vote.
Take care
Bye
Nahar...😘😘😘