Chapter 25: Realisation

Ok, ok, ok, ok, I've just watched a couple of minutes into Area Unknown, on Scott's stream. And I love the villain arc, and the fact that empires is known by Scott, like haiahkahiahajnn. Anyhow! Enjoy : D

|§| Scott's POV |§|

I opened my eyes a fraction, before opening them fully, I was on the ground? But where? I lifted myself upwards, since when was I in the end? I shifted into a sitting position, immediately regretting it as pain stabbed at my side. I looked around, the emperors where here? Everyone knocked out though. I looked in front of me, there was Xornoth, in all his so called glory. He opened his eyes, realising I was awake, he stood up and walked over to me.

" Hello brother. " He said, sitting in front of me.
" Uhhh- Hi? " I said, confused.
" I suppose this will be the last time you'll see me, me. " He said.
" Wha?- " I said, he lifted his hands, the corruption was taking over again.
" Ohhhhhhhh- " I said.
" Yup, to be honest, I'll miss two people here. " He chuckled.
" Two? " I asked, he blushed a bit.
" Ah- it's- it's nothing really- " He said nervously.
" But, two? I thought only one... you beat my standers! " I said.
" Hey!- I- uh- I suppose you're right- there should only be one... but she helped me a lot- " He said, slapping his hand over his mouth.
" 'She'? Since when were you a bisexual brother? " I said.
" Hey! I'm not bi! " He said angered.
" And holy smokes you called me brother! " He said trying to hold his excitement.
" I- uhhhhhh- " I s looked down to the ground.
" Oh and I guess I could tell you the she... " He muttered.
" Really!? " I asked.
" Yeah... it's Gem... I'm really going to miss her and Joey. " He said, regretting it.
" Anyways- I should be going back to the crystal now... get my crystal out of the gnomes grasp please- I hate it. " He said.
" Surely, after you help my friends I'll give you a favour in that. " I said.
" Thanks! Ok, peace. " He said waving at me. Giving me a genuine smile.
" Peace! " I said happily smiling at him, as well as waving.

He disappeared in front of my eyes, my happy expression dropped immediately, he was gone... forever maybe... I looked to my left, inching forward. Nope, that's Gem... I looked to my right. Ew nope that's Fwhip. I looked behind me, there she was. Shrub. I stood up, and attempted to walk. I almost fell, I caught myself somehow. And decided to just limp. Around Shrubs neck was Xornoth's crystal. Tucked into her shirt so couldn't see. I reached around the back of her neck, taking my brothers crystal back. I placed it around my neck, clipping the hook back on to the chain. I shivered at the familiar sound, didn't really like it anymore. The sound- not my brothers crystal. I tucked it under my shirt so no one could see. Hopefully, I walked back to my waking up point and turned to Gem, she was stirring. Now seeing it everyone was waking up. I was scared, in that moment, everything was slow. Do they hate me now? Surely not... But what if they do? I shook the thought out of my head, not coming to terms with the idea that that could happen. I fell back onto the ground, my body couldn't take anything. I watched as everyone sat up fully, before staring right at me. I closed my eyes, trying to not let tears escape, trying to not let pain get the best of me. Not now, now right now... I felt my body weaken as the pain was drastically came into action. I heard people shift and stand, sucking in breaths as there own pain shook them lightly. I let my body relax, as pain increased. My wings spreading across the ground. Murmurs of the others spread like wildfire. Probably about me. My body wanted to collapse. I didn't, pain was settling in my body more drastically as the adrenaline faded away. I heard boots walking across the ground growing louder every second, a lone hand settled on my shoulder, and someone sat down in front of me. I opened my eyes for a glimpse. It was Gem, my eyes fluttered open. I attempted to sit up immediately collapsing back down, Gem caught me before I could hit the ground. Pulling me back up, supporting me. Actually caring.

" Hey Scott... " Gem said.
" Yeah?- " I said trying to suck back a whine of pain.
" Are you- well- you again? It's stupid but- " She said.
" Yeah I'm me, I guess. " I shrugged, wincing at the pin it brought.
" Oh jeez- we need to get you somewhere Scott! " She said.
" Who's tall... and won't mind helping you... " Gem said, speaking to everyone one. Shrub huffed.
" You can probably count everyone out... " I muttered, Gem heard sitting up.
" Don't say that! No one will hate you Scott! It wasn't you who almost- I'm going to stop there. " She whispered back.
" I almost killed everyone? And set of a eternal winter? And froze you more? Gem I'm a monster. It wasn't me yes but, it was at the same time, " I said.
" How'd you know? " Katherine said, straightening up.
" I guess I seen through the crystal. " I shrugged.
" No of this was your happening Scott. " Gem said.
" Doubt it " I said.
" Scott... " She muttered.
" You should probably stop now. I'm more stubborn than how apparent my insomnia is. " I said. Regretting it internally as everyone shot me a concerned look, yes, even Fwhip and Lizzie.
" What? Scott your like- as stubborn as bedrock! How bad is your insomnia?! " Gem said.
" I suppose you could say I haven't really slept in a year... " I mumbled.
" YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT IN A YEAR!? " Gem blurted out to everyone.
" I said 'I suppose' it doesn't really mean it's true. About only a year... " I shrugged.
" Scott... seriously? " Lizzie spoke up.
" Yeah- " I said.
" How long? " Fwhip butted in.
" Erm- " I looked at my fingers trying to count.
" Probably three and a half years. Or more. " I said.
" THREE AND A HALF!? " Jimmy shouted.
" Maybe longer. " I said, looking right at him. Returning my gaze back to the floor after awhile.
" Scott- You need sleep- and I'm saying that so like- " Joey said.
" Eh, " I said shrugging.
" Seriously? " Gem said. I looked back up at her.
" Ive survived on mostly coffee. " I said, I swear everyone was flabbergasted.
" We're getting you too a hospital, and then making you sleep. " Gem said.
" That sounds like your gonna kill me. " I replied.
" It does, " She said standing up.
" Let's get out of here, we've won the battle anyways. " Gem extended her hand out to me.
" And I thought you and Xornoth were the same. " She said.
" What- " I asked puzzled.
" Xornoth the radiator sleeps a lot more than you, you fridge. " Gem said,
" For the last time Gem I'm NOT a blinking FRIDGE. " I said, using her hand to pull myself up finally.
" Well Xornoth's still a radiator. And your still a fridge. " She scoffed playfully.
" Shut up... " I mumbled. Gem snickered.
" You do know Xornoth misses you right? " I whispered.
" Oh? Uh... yeah... erm... " She whispered, but I have to say. Gem was the representation of a crashing computer.
" I haven't lied to you, he genuinely said that he'll miss you and Joey. " I whispered.
" Huh... I'll miss him too... " She whispered. Her response shocked me. But, I guess they just bonded.

She grabbed my wrist. Lightly guiding me to the portal. I limped over to where she was guiding. Everyone gathered around the portal. Some giving me concerned looks, others just not looking at me.

" Well, let's go, we'll spawn at spawn anyways. I can call some dragons to get us to the hospital. " Gem said.
" Yeah, this time can we go to my hospital? Which has less waking up to dragons roaring close by. " Katherine said.
" Sure. " Gem chuckled. I began to feel dizzy.
" Not gonna lie Gem, feel like I'm gonna pass out. " I whispered to her. Now I was nauseous.
" Crap. " She muttered.
" Lizzie? Your the tallest here. Do you mind carrying Scott? " Gem said. Why Lizzie.
" Kind of, why? " Lizzie said. Gem looked back to me.
" He's gone pale, and as you can now see- dizzy. " Gem said, looking back to Lizzie.
" Fine, but only for that reason. " Lizzie sighed, walking over to me.

I let her pick me up. Feeling a cold sticky liquid drip down from well. A lot of places.

" We have to go quicker. " Lizzie said hurriedly.
" What? Why? " Joey asked confused. Black dots darted around my vision.
" He's losing a lot of blood, and still is. " Lizzie said.
" He's going paler as well. " Lizzie added.
" Well then? Go! Katherine go with her. Hopefully both of you can fly. " Lizzie nodded,  before holding onto me tighter.

Lizzie jumped into the portal. The void of it taking over. I closed my eyes as pain swallowed me whole. I felt the breeze of the over world. We where back. The last thing I heard was Lizzie taking flight. Before my body willed itself into darkness.

I like the insomniac!Scott headcannon. So I'm going with it, I don't know why I made him not sleep for three and a half years, but eh. It's a Minecraft smp and my book, which is an AU who cares? Not me! But like poor Scott, but at the same time, give him all the trauma. Anyhow, I'm going to be busy in sleep deprivation now. Bye bye! Have a good rest of your time!