cover me.

Janet Jackson
Friday.

Today I get to talk to jada. And then right after I'm meeting Toni so she can tell me more about what happened. I can tell that Toni is getting more comfortable with time and hopefully she'll tell me the whole story. But what I'm really worried about is Jada. I wonder why Ms E didn't like her.

I arrive to Jada's house. Now if anything happens to me Gil knows where I am. Something about Jada is off.

I walk to her front door and rang the doorbell. She had a nice home. A few seconds later she opened the door.

"Oh hi welcome!" She smiled. She looked good to be honest. When I walked in the house it was decorated nicely. There were picture frames with her and Toni.

She wore a beautiful necklace.

She showed me a spot to sit and our conversation began.

"So Ms Pinkett. What made Toni stick out to you?" I asked and she smiled. "Her beauty. And her heart. She's so caring. But I don't know what happened...why our lives went downhill." Jada's smile faded away.

"Did you know that...I couldn't find any legal information that said toni and you were married." Her eyes widened. But she quickly blinked.

"Oh that's off, you know what? They should be around here maybe in my bedroom." Jada said getting up. "Don't worry I'll be right back."

As she went to fetch those documents I decided to look around to see if I see anything suspicious.

There was a bunch of pictures of her and Toni...to be honest...I don't see anything wrong here. But no this can't be right? Or can it ?

I sat back down in my seat and then Jada entered the room.

"Okay here they are."

I looked at the documents and they looked pretty real. But it can't be? Why couldn't I find these? I mean it has Toni's signature. I don't know...

"Did you talk to toni the night mr Elizondo was found dead?" She sighed. "We had a short conversation. That's all. I was at the grocery store when it happened." I nodded. "Isn't it odd that the body hasn't been identified?" I asked.

"Do you think I have something to do with his murder? I hated his guts but I wouldn't kill him." My eyes widened. "So are you saying Toni did it." She sighed and put her head down.

"If the shoe fits." She said and my mouth hung open. "Did she really just sell toni out?"

"Wow. Well okay. I enjoyed talking to you. But I have to go." I grabbed my things and rushed out her house.

I got into my car and screamed.

"Fuck!"

This case just took the biggest turn! How can I defend toni and this motherfucker just sold her out. I guess Toni really did do it... she couldn't have! Oh my god! I'm really in a pickle. 

I sped off in my car...I have to talk to Toni.

I got to the jailhouse and made my way to toni.

"Follow me ma'am." The guard said taking me away.

I sat in the room waiting on toni. Finally she walked in. Once she sat down I dug in

"Toni. I'm not playing. Did you kill Rene?"

"Yes." Toni nodded. And I gasped

"No... toni who are you covering for? Jada? Because she will sell you out." I said

"You know I didn't agree to be yelled at. And I also don't agree with you talking bad about my wife. She would never sell me out." Toni's voice remained calm

I shook my head and sat down.

"Tell me the rest of the story." I asked and toni chuckled.

"So after me and Jada got married. She needed things. And I always had money so I just gave it to her. Then she started doing things herself...she took 200,000 out my account. And then after a few days of arguing. I forgave her. A few months later she took 50,000. She hadn't asked for it...it didn't hurt my account as much as the 200 but it's still a lot of money...anyways a few days after that is when Rene showed up. And Janet...that night I beat his ass...like really bad. And then I left...when I returned back to the house his body was gone." Toni explained and I nodded.

"Did you talk to Jada that day?" I asked knowing the answer because I had already asked Jada.

"No...I didn't talk to her that day." Toni slightly stuttered. My eyes widened. "Did you know where Jada was that day?" I asked and she nodded. "Yea she was running errands." I shook my head.

"So guess what toni. I talked to Jada today and she said y'all did speak and that she went to the supermarket...and you were supposed to be aware of that. So why the hell are y'all lying to me!" I semi yelled. I'm getting really frustrated.

"Okay okay, I did talk to her. But it was only about groceries." Toni smiled. Bullshit. "So why did you lie to me about that. Stop covering Jada and tell me the fucking truth! What did y'all talk about on that phone!" Toni's fake ass smile dropped and she shock her head.

"First off lower your tone. Now..." I took a deep breath. "That night I called Jada and told her what happened...and I left the house. When I came back body was gone. But Janet...you remember what you told me. You said whatever I needed you to keep private you were going to keep it private. So please...don't say anything." I said with a stern look.

"Ugh fine." I gave in.

Vote & Comment.
sorry for typos . 😉