don't hurt yourself

Toni Braxton
A week later

I sat in my cell thinking about the conversations me and Janet held these last few days. And to be honest I'm getting frustrated. Jada has yet to check on me, type of wife. Well I guess she doesn't wannabe around a murderer. 

I put my head down and cried myself to sleep.

***
Janet Jackson

I'm visiting my family's graves. Sometimes I wish it was me than them. They were such good people. And I miss them so much.

I put a flower on every single grave. And tears wet my face.

I had an amazing relationship with all of them. Especially my brothers and mom.

"I miss you all so much." I cried to myself for a good 5 minutes until I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Hey Jan." The voice said and I jumped instantly knowing who it was.

"Alex please..." my voice cracked.

Alex was Janet's ex. They were engaged but Janet had found out she was cheating.

"Janet...I'm sorry." She reached for my hand and I backed away.

"You know? I'm not gonna let you hurt me . I've been through enough already." I said as tears ran down my face and I ran to my car.

I got into my car and cried my eyes out. Why me? My entire family is dead...I'm alone...and once I found love, I was let down again.

I hit my steering wheel. Yelling at god for answers! Alex made her way to my car and I began to fold...just crying...I needed someone to hold me and she knew it.

She opened my car door and got in.

I cried as she rubbed my back.

"I got you Jan." She said in my ears knowing that's what I wanted to hear. She moved over so she could hold me in her arms.

"Janet I know I've hurt you...but I want to make it up to you. You didn't deserve that old me. I was blind. And now I'm realising that you are for me. Janet you remember all of our good times we had. I think about it all the time jan I really do...I can't believe I messed up you being my wife. Second chance ... please." She said softly in my ear.

"Alex I...I love you. But my stress level is already high. Please get out of my car." I said in between sniffles.

"Jan...please-"

"No! get out Alex." I said and she nodded and left. Once she got out I sped off.
***
I decided to make an unexpected trip to the jailhouse..to be honest I don't have no idea why but toni has been on my mind.

"Hey Janet!" The guard waved and let me in

Finally Toni was sat down and our conversation began.

"Well what an unexpected surprise. How you been- Janet have you been crying?" She said scanning my face and i tried to cover up.

"No need to cover up Janet. I already saw... I know this might be inappropriate but, care to share what's wrong?" I asked and she sighed.

"I guess I need someone to vent too. Well Toni at a very young age I lost my family...in a shooting. My entire family Toni. I have a very big family and I'm not used to being alone. I've been going through a deep depression since...and then my ex fiancé Alex came into my life and took me out of that depression...until she broke my heart. and I fell right back into it." I explained and Toni stared at me.

"You know Janet...it's not just me and my mom." Her eyes widened. "My brother Uhm...Mikey Braxton. He was my younger brother. He was the best. We had an amazing relationship. We had the closet bond. It was like we were twins. He stuck up for me and I did the same for him. And then uh Mikey started talking to a girl named Nia. She was beautiful. Sexy as hell. And I was with her sister. Anyways Nia had developed a serious drug problem, and sooner or later my brother got involved. At first it was only a little bit. But when Nia broke up with him he went crazy."

"He had so much that he even went for stealing some. Just because he didn't want to ask mom for money. He ended up getting in some big trouble with the drug dealer. And he owed 20k ." I explained

"He had no chance but to tell mom. When she found out she was upset but she had to save her son. So she gave him the money. So that day I decided to drive him to drop off the money. And Uhm..." my eyes started to water.

"I heard screams. They killed him Janet. They dragged him out of the warehouse as he bled...they took the money and ran. I tried to save him...I really did." Tears fell down both of our faces.

"Toni im really sorry." Janet said looking me in my eyes. "Don't be Janet. I'm fine."

Vote & Comment.
sorry for typos .🧞‍♂️