mishap

Janet Jackson
It's been a day since I've been released out the hospital and we're not gonna talk about what we did last night but just know I've been walking with a limp today. Toni is daddyyyyyy.

So Today me and Toni are heading to my house later and pack most of my things so I can officially move in. I'm excited about staying with Toni, new things and better things are to come I hope. Oh and later on we're going to Mama Evelyn's concert she's touring with Patti Labelle
and she wants us to come to her first show.

"Mamas, let's go did you forget you said you wanted to stop by your office? To see your friends right?"

"yeah, my bad I was daydreaming. Thank you Toni for being here, I really appreciate it." I said trailing along side toni.

"No problem you're mines now and I'll do anything in my power to protect you and I promise you that." She grabbed my hand and helped me into the car. I smiled brightly.
__________________________________

I walked in the office hand and hand with Toni. I've been doing my work from home and I have done some cases here and there but nothing too major so I haven't been at the office in about a month.

I haven't talked to Joey or Gil, in a few months. I mean a few texts here and there but with everything going on I haven't really had time for all the dumb shit. But I can't lie I do miss my friends!

I could feel all the eyes on me as I walked through. And then I hear screams from behind me.

"JANET!" All three of my friends Joey, Gil, and Jayla screamed before attacking me with hugs and love."Ah i miss them" I thought to myself

"Girl you ain't been here in forever! This tall sexy thing must been putting it downnnn!" Gil said and they laughed. "Excuse him, he has no manners. what's your name?" Jayla said but Gil interrupted her. "Guh bye! I have manners actually." He argued. "Anyways! Janet will you introduce this fine caramel to us?" Joey said with a smirk.

"This is my girlfriend Toni, and Toni this is Gil, Joey, and Jayla. As you can tell they are very entertaining." I giggled "it's very nice to meet you all." Toni said in her sexy low tone.

"Ouuuu" Jayla said and I tapped her hand.

"Girl we have so much to catch up on! It really has been way to long overdue. What about Dinner next Friday? Anybody have plans?" Joey asked and surprisingly he's being calm compared to what he usually is and I love it. Sometimes he can be so embarrassing!

We made our plans and Toni really was getting along with them especially Joey! and he was the one I thought would embarrass me the most, but I'm happy he's sober meeting Toni.
__________________________________
"I'm gonna get you." I screamed waking Toni up.

"No no no no no..." I began to shake and tears fell down my eyes. I think I was having a panic attack.

"Mamas just breathe it's okay! Just tell me what's going on and where are your needles?" She said calmly rubbing my back.

"U-under the bed behind the red box"

"This might hurt but take a deep breath in one...two...three breathe." She stuck my arm and I barely flinched it was like a little pinch.

She left me alone for a bit to think and came back with tea and biscuits.

She came in smacking "This is good as hell try this!" I giggled a little and she wasn't lying.

I sighed and she sat next to me.

"are you ready to tell me what that dream was about now?

I tensed up, but I knew I had to tell toni.

"It was him... the man who called me, I-I" my voice cracked thinking about all the pain I caused for myself and family.

"Janet, tell me please. I don't want you to hold all this in. That's what I'm here for, lay it all on the table." Toni managed to get my breathing under control , and I took a deep breath

"Okay I'm ready..."
__________________________________
July 23, 1999

"Joe why did you do this!" I cried. "Janet, im sorry, It was a one night thing and she didn't wanna except it..." He had gotten quiet. Janet rose her eyebrow, she was always the detective type. "What do you mean by that? And why did you get quiet after saying that?" I asked "Janet, I love your mom with my entire heart and that day we had gotten into an argument and I was drunk! She took advantage of me and after I realized what I had done I tried to leave in the morning.

"I hadn't got a good look at her and i couldn't remember much from last night but come to find out she was Wanda Curls. " Janet gasped "Mother's worst enemy and Your worst enemy's sister...wow small world."

"I know right, anyways she woke up and stopped me in my trail."

"Where do you think you're going?" He glared at her.

"Wanda, fuck you man! You took advantage of me. This is all you're punk ass brother doings, where his bitch ass at!" He yelled at her and she giggled.

"Joe, calm down. I want you to go home and leave every clue that you were here with specifically me, it'll hurt more. And if you don't I will kill your wife. Point blank period." Joey laughed

"Wanda whatever, you know I run the whole Indiana. But I put that down to take care of my family, but trust it never left. And I will beat you and your brother's ass if they even step foot to my family."

"I'm out!" Joe said chuckling grabbing his shoes but then, "Warren, no time no see. You really doing this. Have your guys come out the bathroom with guns loaded pointed to my head. Pussy! fight me like a man." Joe said

"Man shut the hell up, now you are going to do what my sister said and trust I've gotten experience over these years while you were taking care of your family." You're free to go but remember what I said. Oh and I'm always watching. "

To be continued...

vote & comment thoughts 🫶🏽