07

The next day, they moved to the other house. It comprises two stories and a small backyard with a swimming pool.

She liked the house as long as her mother-in-law didn't come here. Archer told her that the gates will only open if she had this key or from inside. He explained not to let anyone in including his mother...
It was her house and her guests only. He also assured her he won't bother her anymore. She just had to stay married to him.

She went into her room. It had her favorite hanging chair, she immediately hoped on it.

Archer felt relieved she looked happy. He arranged for a maid that doesn't know his mother to stay and take care of cleaning the house and cooking.

He went into his room and took a long bath. He had to do it, as he finally felt relaxed.

After an hour, he get dressed and went to the living room. Zara had books around her as she studies. She put her glasses on and tied her hair in a messy bun. She was focused that she didn't see him sitting on the couch opposite from her.

She was stressed as Dylan just told her that the professor assigned them a pop quiz and those who didn't attend today have to do it Tomorrow.

She was studying when the house alarm went off, indicating someone at the door.

It was his mother. He sighed when he saw Zara closing her books and collecting them... "stay and continue, I'll go out and talk to her." He said because of his promise. No one was allowed here. She has all the right to refuse seeing his mother.

He went to talk to his furious mother. "How dare you move out-"

"Be grateful she didn't file a report to the police." He cuts her and so on she denies everything.

"Mom! You are not allowed in this house or near Zara anymore," he demanded.

"I thought you hated her. I was trying to help." She exclaimed, but she didn't find herself guilty. All she cares about was to hurt the daughter of her husband's first love. She didn't care about her son or anyone else. She hated Grace and now she hates her daughter.

"She is a human! You want to burn her alive... we agreed on one thing in this marriage... respect, she hates me more than you think as I am the man who destroyed her life-"

"She is happy taking your money, and if you divorce her, she'll take half of what you got." His mother reminded him but he scoffed. "She is happy being tortured on your behalf." He said as they argued more and then his mother left.

He returned back in and saw it's time for her medicine. He gave it to her, and she thanked him. He told her to put cream on and she did.

She continued studying, and he left her and went to his office. The time passed by him working on his laptop and her studying.

The maid knocked on his office door. She walked in, "yes Ms. Diaz." He let her speak.

"Madam fell asleep, and it's pretty much late. Should I wake her up so she can sleep in her room?" She asked him. He shook his head no as he looked at the clock. It was eleven in the evening.

He went downstairs and saw her laying with her books as she rested her head on one and hugged the other one.

He smiled at the sight and picked her up; she stirred but then relaxed. He took her upstairs to her room and laid her on her bed. He then applied cream on her legs and left her to sleep.

In the morning, Zara woke up panting. She thought she was late for her exam. She ran outside as she looked for a clock. Then she searched for her phone. It was seven am. She still had enough time. She breathed out and looked at the kitchen. Archer was staring at her, surprised. "You okay?" He asked her because of the way she was breathing.