20 (not edited)

Zara arrived at her office, she asked her driver to bring her footage of Samantha shopping at the mall and she gave him the address. She asked for a recipe if founded.

She had to go to the place of murder. And look around.

After a few days, Rat had a meeting with her at her office. She was getting ready for court the next day but he decided to drop the case.

"What do you mean? She didn't kill-"

"Do as I say, make them find her guilty." He was angry. He finally found evidence proving his wife's cheating.

"I will not-"

"Don't try challenging me Zara you know what I can do." He finished his talk.

"I CAN'T!" she yelled finally, she found her strength to fight him. "You will... because you work for me." He whispered the last part in a warning tone.

She went through the papers. She was going to put an innocent women behind bars because of her husband. She had to find another way.

At the court, Archer and Bryce were sitting in the front row. Dylan and Brooke were sitting behind them. Zara was surprised they were there, but she made no intention to make any contact with them.

When Sam sat beside Zara, she was smiling at her but Zara couldn't look her in the eyes. Sam felt something is wrong and she tried to ask Zara but the judges walked in.

The Attorney started his case against the defendant. When the judge called Zara to speak her defense, she couldn't stand up. She looked at her papers trying to think of something...

"What's wrong?" Sam whispered.

"Because you cheated he wants me to put you in jail!" Zara hissed silently. Then she told up and looked at the judge. "Your honor-"

"I didn't! I never did... who told him?" Sam yelled terrified, she grabbed Zara's hand and pulled her. "You are my lawyer! You can't-"

"Order!" The judge yelled. Her shouting stopped Zara from saying anything. She notice her driver talking on the phone... she looked at him hopefully, maybe Rat could have some consciousness.

"Your honor... the defendant fingerprints were located at the kitchen knives, where she cooks because that's her house. This autopsy clarifies that none of the kitchen knives matched the knife used for the murder." Zara glanced at the driver, he shook his head no. And she lost hope, she either do what Rat told her or someone she loves die.

The door to the courtroom opened, Harry walked in and they make eye contact before he sits down.

"I would like to add a new evidence on my client alibi." Zara decided to do what's best and hope god will protect her loved one. She can't betray her morals and the othe she took in law school.

"Ms. Powell was shopping in a mall that located away from her house by an hour, these recipes show exactly the time and date she paid for-"

"Your honor there is no prove she paid herself-" the Attorney argued.

"True, but this surveillance video shows her taking the elevator in her building two hours before the murder and coming back after an two hours, she was not in her apartment at the time of murder-"

"She could've killed her and went shopping that's what a murder do-"

"Objection your honor, lack of foundation." Zara glared at the Attorney. "Accept, continue."

"Ypur honor, fingerprints must be found in her house. Because it's her own house but they didn't found her DNA on the victim."

"She shouldn't be accused of murder just because the body was found in her own house-"