08

Later that day, Ms. Diaz was cleaning the kitchen after she prepared lunch. She heard footsteps coming downstairs.

Archer woke up, he looked around. It was Zara's room. He stared at the bed. He saw her jacket thrown on the floor. He found her tights ripped.

"No, no no! I didn't do it... no!" He denied it. He thought he raped her. And he was scared. He ran downstairs and saw Ms. Diaz.

"Ms. Diaz, did you see Zara?" He asked her. She didn't look at him. She continued working.

"Ms. Diaz?" He called again.

"I am very disappointed in you Mr. Mays" she said as she dropped her hands to her side. "Where is Zara?" He asked her.

"None of your business." She said glaring at him. "Do you know what happened yesterday?" He asked her scared.

"I took her from your hands. She was so scared Mr. Mays, you broke something that will never be fixed." She told him.

He knew he did it when she said that. He left defeated as he went to his room. He showered and dress up. He packed a small bag and went downstairs.

"Ms. Diaz..." he called, she approached him. "Can you tell her I am sorry, I never wanted to do anything to her... I don't know what gotten into me... my apologies won't solve it but I will leave her to heal... when she needs anything can you tell me... please." He asked her and she nodded. She saw how regretful he was.

He left to stay with his friend. He would not come back there; he hurt her and this scar won't heal easily.

He went to his friend's house. When Flint opened the door to see a devastated Archer standing at the door. He let him in fast; he looked at him and shook him. He fell to his knees and tears rolled down.

Flint has never seen his friend like this. "Did someone die?" He asked him. "I did it eventually... I ... raped her." He whispered the last part.

Flint couldn't believe his ears. He slapped his friend and shook him "what the f* you are saying?" He shook his friend.

Archer broke down, he was helpless... he didn't know what to do.

"I did it! I fu* did it!" He yelled, he punched a wall over and over.

Zara woke up, she was afraid to go out. She paced around. After last night, she didn't dare to see him.
When the door opened, she ran and hid under the covers. "Ms. Zara... he went out." Ms. Diaz said, Zara looked at her from under the covers.

"I changed your sheets and cleaned your room." She told her.

"Is he gone? When is he coming back? Do you know?" She asked her.

"He isn't, he told me to take care of you and make sure everything you need is taken care of... he was so sorry." She smiled assuring her.

"And I did something..." she said. "I might have told him he broke something that can never be fixed... I meant your heart.. but he think he did it... so... I didn't correct him." Ms. Diaz told Zara and Zara looked away.

After a couple of hours, Archer asked Flint to check on her. See if she is okay...
Flint didn't know what to do but to go to her house.

Ms. Diaz didn't let him in until she asked Zara. She agreed to let him in and waited in the living room. Flint walked in and Zara greeted him. "Archer went out he didn't come yet..." she told him.

"Zara... Archer wanted me to check on you." He said. Zara froze in her place, "are you okay?" He asked her.

"He told you?" She asked him, Flint looked at the ground as he nodded. He didn't want her to feel bad about herself.

"I am great." She smiled, last night memories came back, if it wasn't for Ms. Diaz... she brushed it off and looked away.

"Zara I am so sorry-"

"You did nothing wrong." She told him, she excused herself and left to her room. She breathed in and out slowly trying to calm herself down.

Flint left, at the gates he saw Dylan who asked him what was he doing here.

"Dylan it's not a good time to visit." He told him. "Why?" He asked Flint. "Trust me." Flint said and left. Dylan rings the bell, Ms. Diaz asks Zara if she wants to meet him but Zara refused.

"He told everyone! Now everyone wants to give me sympathy... I don't want to see anyone." She cried and Ms. Diaz patted her back.

"I am sorry Mr. Mays, Ms. Zara isn't available today." She told him through the intercom.

"Is she okay?" He asked. But Ms. Diaz turned off the intercom.

Zara stayed home for two days without talking to anyone but Ms. Diaz. She didn't answer her phone even.

Ms. Diaz tried her best to cheer her up. On the third day her mother came to visit her with a surprise.

"You are going to stay here with me?" Zara asked excited. Finally she got to stay with her mother. "Yes, if Archer is okay with it-" she smiled.

"He wouldn't mind, don't worry." She grinned. Ms Diaz arranged a room in the first floor. Zara had to tell her mother about her week. She then told her what happened in the club with Brooke and what she did in college.

They were laughing like they used to do.

After a week, Liam visited them and asked about Archer. "You know Mr. Mays he has a business trip" Zara replied, it was the lie she could come up with when her mother asked.

"He didn't tell me." Liam looked confused, he was with him hanging out with his siblings yesterday. Or didn't he?

Liam called his son when he left. "Hello dad" he heard his son voice.
"You are on a business trip?" He asked immediately. "No? Why are you asking?" He told his father.

"Did you lie to Zara about where you are! Are you cheating? Where are you?" He demanded answers. Archer knew she lied, she didn't want to tell him what he did or the fact that they fought.

"Chill, I am at Flint's place. We had a fight so I left the house." He told him. But Liam hang up. He drove to Flint house and went inside, his son didn't lie. He was there, "what was the fight about?" He asked his son.

"Can you not interfere with my life." Archer said irritated. "Grace is there and if she found out she'll be very sad." He told his son.

"Well, it's final... we can't be together anymore." Archer whispered the last part. "What do you mean?" His father asked him.

"I mean nothing! When we solve everything will be back together so leave it be..." he sighed frustrated and left to the guest room where he stay at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~J