19 (not edited)

The trial day came, Bryce was in court with his brother. Archer showed up later with Liam and Dylan.

As the new lawyer of Zara was discussing the case. Zara eyes met Archer's. She refused to see him along with Bryce. She refused to see anyone.

Harry was happy, when the judge decided she was innocent he knew Rat trust her and she was one of them.

"Zara!" Bryce yelled, he wanted to hug her but the gaurds took her back. When she finally got out of jail. She knew Rat already made her office.

"Zara!" Bryce waved at her. She didn't dare to go to him. She saw Archer waiting in the car, she stayed across from him. He was about to go to her when an SUV pulled to her side. Zara hoped on and they drove off.

When they reached her new office, Rat was there waiting. He welcomed her and asked about his wife's case. "I can get her out, I got two solutions..." she told him.

"First, she will die in jail due to poisoning-"

"No, she won't live like me." He refused the first solution and waited for the other one.

"She will get out due to lack of evidence." She told him. "There is no lack of evidence, they found her fingerprints on the knife and the girl was killed in her house!" Rat shook his head, he was disappointed.

"Yes, there is lack of evidence..." she explained to him her point and told him, she need more investigations. He approved and gave her all the sources she needed.

"Zara, I'll be waiting for the court day." He told her and left.

She went back to her house to take a shower, she found Brooke in the living room. "What are you doing here?" Zara asked.

"Waiting for my friend to come... Bryce told me you opened a law office. Yes he followed that SUV." Brooke waited for her to explain.

"I have nothing to say-"

"Oh for god sake!" Brooke yelled. She opened the t.v and showed her, every news was talking about her.

"How did you open a law office from jail... brief me please." Brooke was still waiting, glazing at Zara with worry in her eyes.

"I can take care of myself-"

"Stop f* doing this!" She heard Archer voice. She turned around and he was inches away from her. He copied her face in his hands. Zara eyes were burning, she wanted to hug him but she can't and she need to hurt him so he won't come back.

"Go and f* your side chicks and hand me my divorce papers, I don't want to see you anymore." She pushed his hand to the side and went to her bedroom.

She went inside the bathroom and locked the door. She is doing the right thing, she believes.

She sent Harry a message from her mother's phone,

I am in...
I have a trial, the woman I'll be defending is the wife...

She sighed relieved and put the phone back in the bag and then in the toilet flush tank. Then she took a bath before coming out. She saw Archer laying on her bed.

"What are you doing?" She asked him, she was tired to argue with him.
"Laying" he looked through his phone without speaking to her. She dressed up and came to sleep. He wasn't going, she know how stubborn he will be.

"Can you leave? I want to sleep." She pulled her covers. "Good, I was about to anyway." He laid undercover and waited for her.

"Isn't it enough?" She glazed at him. "Do you want to give me another hope? I have no heart left for you to break." She was calm, it made her wonder if she really felt anything at the moment.

"I am not going to leave, you are not alone and I am your husband legally. I don't care if staying with you can risk my life but I am willing to take this risk. So don't push me away." He looked at her, she didn't say anything.

She laid on her side of bed and covered herself. She was afraid to tell him that she was scared, she was terrified of what she's about to do.
She was afraid to give in and let him back into her life. She didn't trust herself that moment.

She gave him her back and slept. He was surprised she didn't leave the room. He was determined he will sleep here whether she kicked him out or left.

He knew she was under pressure and he didn't want her to feel that alone. He wanted to be there for support.

In the morning, she wake up with pain in her hand. She looked at it. She was holding his arm tightly, she let go of it immediately and saw bruises and redness. He must be in pain but why didn't he say anything. She wondered and looked at him. He was smiling at her, he wasn't in pain or anything but smiling.

"Sorry I think I saw a dream." She rest her back on the head of the bed. "It's okay, I am glad your hand found my arm comforting." He giggled rubbing his arm. She glanced at it, she felt sorry it must hurt to squeeze his arm and not say anything.

"I..."

"If you are sorry then kiss me." He teased her, she glared at him. He approached her suddenly and pecked her lips. She was surprised and covered her lips. "I thought I'll help since you are too shy to do it." He smiled and went to the bathroom.

She went undercovers. Her face was red, she felt the heat on her cheeks.

Get a hold of yourself Zara! She was thinking. She went to her closest to change and go to her office now.

She walked outside her house, out of no where reporters surrounded her asking her questions.

"Is it true you get the killer case?"

"Do you work for mafia?"

"Samantha Powell is a criminal, why would you take her case?"

"You were proved innocent and get out of prison, how did you find evidence from jail?"

She pushed her way through the reporters and saw the chefuer who was assigned to her by Rat opening her door. She gets in immediately, she looked at her house, Archer along with Bryce and Brooke were surprised to say the least.

"Why is there reporters?" Bryce asked them, he didn't waited for an answer. He knew they didn't know. "The real question is, did she really take Samantha's case?" Brooke showed them her phone.

Samantha was a killer, she killed her neighbor's daughter with no mercy.

"She must be under pressure, let's not say anything an wait for her to open up alone..." Archer was suggesting but stopped when he saw Brooke shooting daggers at him. "Why are you here?" She didn't wait for him to answer. "Get out of her life ! And why didn't you give me the divorce papers? I am still waiting, I didn't forget." She glared and went inside with Bryce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hear me out guys...
My laptop need to be fixed that's why I can't edit the chapters...

Sorry for late updates...

Till next time

~J