26

In the morning, Zara woke up in unfamiliar area which she didn't remember sleeping in last night. Then her memory of yesterday started coming back, she remembered everything... She looked around and saw Miles sleeping on the couch beside her. No one else was here, she looked at the date and knew it was the date of Rat's interrogation.

She had to meet him, and be with him. She went to her table and took out the papers he signed. Then, the suitcase and other papers. She looked at herself and gasped at her clothes... she wanted to hit her head to the wall because of Brooke and her ideas.

She was hurt knowing her friends didn't tell her about anything of what Archer hid. About her father, she knew they hid it so she won't hurt again but knowing the truth is better than staying clueless.

She went to her mother's house and changed her clothes, then went to the police station. She asked to see Rat but they didn't take her seriously so she had to slam the papers indicating who she was.

They let her into his room, he was handcuffed to the table waiting for the interrogation to start. Once she walked in, he smiled. "Didn't know my attorney will be you..." he chuckled. She rolled her eyes and sat beside him, he looked at her surprised. "You're not my lawyer, are you?"

"I had an accident a week ago, I lost my memories and because of Miles I regained them. So if you please stop annoying me and read the papers so we get an agreement-"

"I don't want you to be my lawyer. I will request a new lawyer-"

Zara slammed her hand on the table "Listen to me, I am your lawyer whether you like it or not, you signed the papers already so let's get into it."

"My case will be aired on t.v, I don't want you to get hurt" he looked at her like father's looking at his daughter, remembering his only girl who died he closed his eyes and saw her face, when she cried after her boyfriend died protecting her from her father's enemies... her eyes when she held the gun to her head and shot herself.

"I am not leaving the man who tried to help my father even when you knew he was a police officer" Zara caught a glimpse of his sad smile. "I knew your father was a spy, but we became bestfriends... he even tried to make me a good person, he wouldn't let me kill... he was a good man, I wish I could've protected him."

"Great, that's the first we will start talking about... regrets." Zara expressed her content with a slight smile on her face.

After the interrogation which took five hours, Rat confessed everything. Zara observed the questions and made sure everything was written precisely.

She went to her mother's house and changed, she was going to continue playing the lost her memories game.

She reached the house and walked in, the moment Archer saw her, he hugged her tightly. "I was so worried, are you alright? Why is your phone off?" He urged her to speak.

"Yesterday, I was walking in the parking lot and I remembered my mother's death, I didn't believe it so I went to her house and I went to her grave." She told him half of the truth.

"I am so sorry you have to live this pain again-"

"Don't, I am tired... I just hope to remember everything fast so we can go back to normal... I don't know how much pain I handled the past six months that my brain blocked all these memories."

"I hope you could remember too, I hope you could forgive me." Archer murmured the last part thinking she wouldn't hear him but she did.

"I am going to rest." She walked upstairs and went inside her room. She thought about everything, she loved Archer but the fact that his father order the kill on hers stopped her, being with him felt like betraying her parents, She stirred in her bed, she couldn't sleep.

Three hours later, her bedroom door opened. She glanced at the person entering the room. It was Archer, she pretended to be asleep. She felt the bed sink beside her, his hand touched her hand, he pulled her hand up and kissed it.

Her heart was racing when she felt his lips on her forehead. Uncontrollably her eyes shut open to meet his eyes. They both got scared and pulled away. "What are you doing?" She breathed in and out from the shock.

"I was making sure you are sleeping... I.. you were awake?" He stuttered, "I couldn't sleep, I feel something is missing..." she looked away.

"Let's watch a movie together then..." he suggested. She agreed and they went to the living room, they argued about what to watch for an hour then finally found a movie.

Zara felt something brushing on her hair, she liked it and smiled. It was the best way to continue sleeping. Remembering that she slept alone last night, she perked up her head to gaze at Archer who was already awake. "When did I sleep here?" She asked confused, she was hugging him like a pillow, half of her body sleeping on that pillow.