17

The man took the phone and walked out. "Yes, boss." He said.

"Did you get the girl?"

"Yes, I am questioning her right now."

"I'll come Tomorrow." He hangs up before the man could tell him about Archer.

"Are you really Brian's daughter?" A man asked Zara. She looked at him but didn't answer. "You made a big mistake, kiddo." He murmured sadly, then left.

Zara freed her hands from the rope. She held Archer's head and laid him on her legs; she brushed his hair crying. She didn't mean to hurt him. He shouldn't have come here.

In the morning, she woke up tiredly. She found herself leaning against Archer's chest. She saw him awake. His face was swollen.

"Why did you have to come?" She whispered, her tears flow again. "Don't cry... I am glad you're not alone." He wiped her face.

He saw bruises on her face when he woke up. He was mad they touched her.

"I did this. We had a plan... why did you have to come?" She sobbed.

"A plan?" He asked her, confused.

The door open, and a man walked in followed by the man who hit them. The man looked at them both and got mad. "Who hit them?" He asked angrily. "They refused to answer my questions-"
The man told the others to get him out of this room.

He sat on the chair and looked at Zara. "I know your father-"

"You are Rat?" she asked him. "He was working for me until he betrayed me, so I killed him." He finished.
"Now, you know the story... why did you search about me? What do you want?" He asked her.

"I want my father's murder to be in prison." She replied with confidence she didn't know she had.

"You know why I killed him?" He smirked. "I would never kill a man worked for me. I would kill his family, but he hid you so good that I had to kill my right-handed man... you had to find out." He glanced at Archer.

"You brought your ex-husband with you..." he smiled. "Nice to meet you Archer Mays, how is Liam?" He asked him. "How do you know my father?" Archer questioned.

"Let's get real now..." Rat smirked. "No one saw my face and stayed alive... either you became a follower or dead..."

"I prefer dead. I have nothing to lose." Zara rolled her eyes. "Oh, my dear... you have a lot to lose. Brooklyn Cutler, Bryce Douglas, Ford Douglas, Daxton Silva..." Zara was shocked to hear her friends' names.

"As for you Archer, I don't think I need you... so-"

"Wait!" Zara yelled. "I will agree on working with you, but you have to promise me... you won't hurt anyone I know." She tried to convince him. Archer held her hand.

"I don't think you are that worth it." He replied before going out...

Zara felt it was the end for Archer and her. She looked around. They must escape, she need to contact Bryce and tell him her location... their plan was to leave a bait, and make Rat come into light... she was the bait.

Rat had to test Zara's smartness. He wanted to know if she was worth it or not. He asked his lawyer to bring some contracts he refused to sign.

Another day passed, they only gave them water. Zara was looking around the room for a way to escape. The window was high, but she could reach it with the chair. She looked out. They were on the ground... they'll be fine to escape. She looked around. She saw cars parked out. If they could take a car, then they will be gone before they know they escaped.