16

A few days earlier...

Archer went home angry. He walked in and saw his mother talking to Hannah. He glared at them and went to his room. He slammed the door so hard it almost broke.

His father followed him and asked about his behavior, which Archer responded with laughter.

"She has a new man." He told his father, laughing. "It's been only a month since we broke up, but she already got a man."

"That's on you. You treated her like s*. Of course, she'll have a new person in her life who deserves her."

"Because of you! Because I thought her mother threatened you... because-"

"Because you don't think twice before doing something... I saw what you did, you made her happy for a month, you made her fly with happiness until you let her fall... that fall was very tall... you break her son, you broke her heart to the point fixing it won't be easy." Liam left his son to think about what he did to her.

On the Graduation day, Dylan and his family arrived early. They got seated and Dylan went to his friends.

Archer was looking around searching for Zara, but she hadn't shown up yet.
The ceremony was about to happen and she didn't show up yet; he was worried until he saw her walking with Brooke to her place. He saw Bryce and Daxton watching them.

When her name was called, a group of people cheered for her. It was Brook's family...
Zara walked on stage. She took her degree and smiled at her friends. She was sad her mother wasn't with her.

Liam was taking photos of her, then Dylan walked, his parents cheered, whereas his brother was bored. He came only to see her.

Zara and Brooke went to their group. Bryce hugged her tightly and lift her up, saying she now can be his lawyer.

Archer was watching them, when he lift her up he was about to move but Maia stopped him.
She approached Zara and smiled. "How are you?" She asked her. Zara hesitated before she replied. Then Maia congratulated her.
Liam joined Maia, he asked to take a photo of her but she declined and when she saw Archer approaching; she holds Bryce's hand and squeezes it. Bryce excused themselves and told Brooke there was a party in the club only for friends, which she squealed loudly.

Bryce drove off before Archer or anyone in his family talk to her. She was thankful. "You are coming to the party?"

"I don't feel like it-"

"I'll let Brooke deal with you, then." He stated and laughed at her horror face. She agreed to come without Brooke dragging her. Bryce stopped at the cemetery and glanced at Zara. She looked sad, but smiled at him.

They walked together to her mother's grave; she put her graduation hat on the grave and Bryce put some flowers.

Zara talked to her mother, she cried a bit. Bryce brushed her back and rested his head on her shoulder. When they were about to leave, they saw Archer and Liam watching them.

"Why are you here?" Zara asked them. "She is my friend, too." He told her as he put a frame and flowers on her grave.

Zara looked at the frame. It was her picture when she got the degree.

"Grace, your daughter just graduated... she looked beautiful..." he started. Zara turned to Bryce and rested her head on his shoulder. Her tears flow freely on her face. Bryce put his arm around her waist.

Liam talked to Grace more and apologized for not keeping his promise. He didn't say what was it; he was about to leave when Zara asked what was his promise...

Liam looked between her and Archer. "I promised her to be your dad... to keep you safe and happy... I promised her to......" he trailed off. "It's all in the past... I hope you can find me as a friend. Don't push me away." He put his hand on Zara's shoulder. "I hope we get back together as a family." He told her before he walked away.