10

"Stop... don't do this." She stirred in the bed. Maia shook Zara to wake her up, but she didn't.

"Please, no!" Zara's voice was getting higher. "Wake up! You are having a dream!" Maia shouted, but Zara didn't wake up.

"Zara!" she yelled in her ear. Zara gasped out as she blinked multiple time. She saw Maia's worried face.

"I'll wash up." Zara said and ran into the bathroom. She sat on the ground and sobbed. She wished her nightmares would stop.

Maia went to get her water, she saw Ms. Diaz sitting at the counter. "You are awake." She made herself visible to Ms. Diaz. "Ms. Mays do you need anything?" She asked politely.

"A cup of water for Zara." She told her. "She had a nightmare again?" Ms. Diaz asked as she poured her water.

"Again?" Maia asked. Ms. Diaz bites her lips.

"Here." She gave her the cup. Maia grabbed her hand and inspected Ms. Diaz's eyes for answers.

"She has a trauma. She'll get over it, eventually." Ms. Diaz said. "Trauma... was she raped? Because she kept saying stop, don't do this..." Maia trailed off. "She seemed fine before-" Maia hit her finally.

"Archer?" she asked Ms. Diaz, hoping she denies it. "I know nothing please, say nothing Ms. Mays.," Ms. Diaz said before going into her room fast.

Maia went upstairs with the glass of water. She was speechless. She didn't know her brother was capable of hurting that innocent girl. She stared at his door for a couple of minutes before she barged in and saw him sleeping peacefully.

He doesn't deserve to be sleeping. With that thought, she kicked him out of the bed with her leg. He fell down as he screamed. "What's going on?" He asked, looking at the source of the leg who kicked him.

"What's wrong with you?" He yelled at her, but she didn't budge it. "You piece of poop!" She poured the water in his face. "I am planning on killing you soon." She muttered before going out.

She went back to Zara's room. She saw Zara on her bed. "Where did you go?" She asked Maia. "I went to get you a glass of water. She handed her the glass.

"I think you forgot the water." Zara said, looking at the empty glass.

"I had to pour it on the way." Maia explained.

Zara laughed at her. "Why are you mad?" she asked. "Why did you have a nightmare?" Maia responded with a question. "I don't know, I just had a nightmare..." Zara trailed off and looked away. She noticed Archer at the door. She tensed up, terrified.

She tried to cover herself with the blanket. Maia noticed and glanced at the doorway.

"Are you going to explain?" She heard her brother's voice. "Yeah, I hate all men... I wish you burn in hell!" She yelled at him and slammed the door shut in his face. "Why are you mad at him?" Zara asked, confused.

Archer sighed. He knew Zara had a nightmare of that night. He knew his sister understood the situation. He went back to his room. He couldn't sleep anymore.

"Let's go!" Maia said casually. "What?" Zara was still confused.

"I will not sleep, so how about we leave and have fun?" She told Zara. "It's late-"

"And I have my bodyguard with us, don't worry... I'll call him right now to pick us up." Maia winked at Zara, who gave up and went to dress.

When they were done, they sneaked out.

Archer, who was on the balcony, saw them and let out a deep sigh. His sister is always crazy, but to drag Zara with her was not acceptable...

Maia and Zara arrived at Maia's best-friend club. They went through VIP with her bodyguard. Zara was astonished to see her this close to her bodyguard.

"There he is!" She shouted. She went to her friend and hugged him. After a small conversation, she told Zara to go to the dj for tonight. At first she refused, but when she was teased about her being shy, she accepted...

Suddenly, the music stopped. She put the headset on and started slowly before pushing all the buttons and destroy the speakers.

Maia pulled her bodyguard to the dance floor as she always do, she would dance and he would look at everyone beside her.

Zara started swaying to the music.

After a couple of hours, she was tired. She searched for Maia; she found her making out with her bodyguard. What kind of relationship is that? She wondered.

She went to the bar and ordered a drink. She waited for Maia to finish so they can go home. "You are an amazing DJ. care to get a job here?" Maia's best-friend sat beside Zara. "I already have a job... thank you," she refused politely. "Are you the speaker killer?" He asked her.

Zara chuckled, only saying nothing. "Anything you want on me, it was nice to meet you speaker killer." He whispered in her ear before he left her.

"On the house." The bartender put some kind of cocktail in front of her. She wanted nothing alcoholic. And the bartender assured her it wasn't. So she sipped on her drink. "HEY!" Maia shouted to Zara.

She smiled as she rubbed her ear. "Why are you sitting alone?" Sha asked her. " Just thinking... should I go home alone?" Zara asked her.

"No, we can go in a couple of minutes." Maia said, but she disappeared for an hour. Zara drank two cocktails and was going home finally.

Maia was drunk and so was Zara. The bodyguard had to help them both to bed.

Once they reached the house, Zara stumbled to get her keys out. "I think... I have two right hands." She whispered.

"Wow, let me see." Maia gasped like she saw it too. The guard wanted to laugh, but it was too dark to see anything even. He took her purse and find the keys. He opened the door and helped the girls in.

He didn't know where to go... he asked them to help him search for their rooms.

Zara went upstairs with Maia swaying together before they fell on the last step. They started giggling; the guard tried to shush them but it was pointless.

"You should sleep with your hussssbbbbbband." Maia stuttered the last word. Zara laughed, "you don't know how to spell it."

The guard helped them up, Zara pushed her way to Archer's room. "BYE!" she told Maia, then barged into the room. She stumbled until she hit the bed and fall on it.

Archer felt the bed moving. He sighed, knowing it's his annoying sister, but he left her. Zara stirred around until she find the pillow and drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~J