Two Feet and Midnight Memories

*Riley's pov*

I had my headphones on listening to Something Big by Shawn Mendes. "We're here." My mom said. I popped off my headphones. Today was the day I would be able to walk again. Of course with a limp and my knee brace on my knee, but no crutches. The nerves were getting to me. I was twiddling with my thumbs, when my phone rang. My mom was half way out the car. "Hang on." I said. "Hello?"

"RILEY!" I heard a high pitched voice. British voice. Louis. "LOU!" I shouted back smiling even though he couldn't see me. "How's the knee?"

"Just about to get it checked out. Their going to put a walking brace on it."

"Don't be nervous." He told me. Louis could hear the nerves in my voice. "Where are you guys?" I changed the subject. "Niall's with his family, Liam's with his too, Harry's writing in LA and Zayn and I are in London." Louis replied. I was hopping out of the car. "Well-" Louis cut me off, "I got to go. Bye Riley."

"B-" He hung up. Weird. I shoved my phone in my pocket and took my crutches.

Before my mom could open the door, somebody inside pulled it open for us. Zayn. Louis. My mouth dropped. "ZOUIS!" I screamed, dropping my crutches to both in for a hug. They rolled their eyes. "Zouis..." Zayn says under his breath. "It's so real!" Louis says in a very high voice, mocking the fangirls.  The doctor came in sight from the waiting room we were in. "Riley Walker?" The doctor uttered in a low pitch. "THATS ME!" I yelled. People in the waiting room looked up at me like I was crazy. Don't blame them. "This way please."

All four of us were in the office. I was fiddling with my thumbs again. "Now Riley, we need to make sure you don't have any infections and put a new brace on." Blah blah blah. Can I walk now? I thought to myself. "Ready?" The doctor asked. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"This time in ready to run." Louis sang. I perked up. "Escape from the city and follow the sun! Where ever you are is the place I belong!" I started yelling. "Louis, look what you've done." Zayn said with smile on his face.

They ran different tests on me. Then I was ready. READY TO RUN. No. I was ready to walk. Wasn't exactly allowed the run... Or jump on my knee. But at least I could walk. I smiled to myself. Just one more month until I can play football again. Doctors changed my brace no problem. "Time for a walk." The doctor told me. I stood up on one leg at first. Then put a little pressure on my right leg. It didn't hurt. I put more. Still fine. Tad but more. That hurt. I pulled my leg up. Zayn, Louis, and my mom winced. Louis and Zayn appeared at my side to try and help me walk. "Boys she has to do it on her own." The doctor said.

"But-" The doctor cut off Zayn. "No." The boys left my side, not looking happy. The first steps I stumbled. Almost falling. Then tripping into Zayn's arms. "Heyyyy Zayyyyyn." I said it a high-pitched voice. Embarrassing myself. He laughed and propped me up on my feet again. I started walking. Walking! With a lip of course. Everyone smiled at me. "Good Riley. Very good. You'll have to take some physical therapy. But in a month, you'll be running on that football field, or as you call it, the soccer field. "YAS!" I shouted doing a happy dance. Everyone laughed. Time to go home.

I can walk now. Yesterday I doctor took my crutches. I can walk. Feels good.

My phone rang. "Babe! You can walk again!" I could hear Harry's voice. "YAS! YAS I CAN!" I said, excitedly. "Ok... So me and the guys and performing on New Years Rocking Eve in LA... Do-" I cut him off with excitement. "AH YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS." Harry laughed. "Do you wanna come?" My mouth dropped. "Shut your mouth the fly's are going to fly in." He told me. Harry knew me so well. "I'll be there."