That's a Pretty Poster

**Riley's pov**

Night before the concert

The plane just landed. This time I was flying alone. I AM A BIG GIRL NOW. Maya was waiting for me, just as I got my bags. We gave each other big hugs. "Congrats on the soccer stuff!" I had told her everything. From Harry and me's break-up, to professional soccer, to me being in love with Liam. "Thanks babe."

"So how about we go to my house, eat dinner, get some rest, then we drive up to Detroit at one in the afternoon tomorrow?"

"Sounds good to me!"

For dinner we had pizza. I miss dinner with Maya and her family. Her dad is the funniest, her mom the sweetest and her little fourteen year old brother fun but yet annoying because he has a crush on me. "Riley... Heard you broke it off with Harry." Connor, Maya's brother, asked me. "Yeah I did."

"So... You single?"

"I guess..."

"How old does a guy have to be for you to date him?"

"Connor Tanner Case! Are you trying to ask my best friend out on a date?" Maya piped in. "Maybe." Connor was cool. Popular at school and good at football, like the guy the girls crush on... But I wouldn't date him. He's a little too young for me. "Well, I have someone else that I... I... Like..." I slipped out. More like love than like. But the whole world doesn't need to know. Telling Connor would be like telling the whole world. That kid cannot keep his mouth shut. "Who?"

"A guy."

"Name?"

"Not telling."

"Please." Connor's not going to get it out of me. "Nope. Puppy dog eyes on me don't work."

"But Riley!"

"I said no Connor."

"Will you at least come with me to my friend's birthday party in a few days? You'll be staying longer than the concert right?" Connor asked me. I took a glance at Maya. She shook her head no forcefully. I would be staying for another four days... How do I say no? Seriously... How can I say no to this kid? "Fine. I will go for an hour. But not as your date." Connor smiled. "Good night Riley." Then he walked up to his room. Giggles came out from all of us.

I woke up at nine in the morning. Never, ever, have I woken up this early in the summer. The excitement was getting to me. "MAYA TODAY IS THE DAY. I CAN'T SIT STILL."

"Shhhh..." Maya replied, still half asleep. "ONE DIRECTION TODAY MAYA. TO-DAY. IT'S HAPPENING." She shot up in her bed. "OH MY GOD RILEY. TODAY IS THE DAY."

"I KNOW!"

Maya wore a One Direction shirt and denim shorts. Black Vans were on her feet. LOUIS. Sorry. To top it off, her hair was a French braid leading to a ponytail, which I had done.

I had on my One Direction shirt I got for my birthday, a pair a ripped jean shorts from American Eagle and my black converses. My hair was curled, thanks to Maya, with a waterfall braid across my head made by myself.

Makeup was our finishing touches. I went for the simple touch. Just eyeliner and mascara. Maya had on eyeliner, mascara, and foundation. "Maya you don't need makeup to cover up..." I told her smirking. She squealed. "BEING THE WAY THAT YOU ARE IS ENOUGH." We started singing the rest of What Makes You Beautiful. Then ending up dying of laughter at the end.