This Changes Everything

**Riley's POV**

"I am of the assistant coaches for the USA Women's World Cup Team. Not to rush anything, but we have a spot for you on our team."

What did he just say?

"I um... I'm sorry, but are you for real right now? Or is this some kind of sick joke?"

"No. Ms. Walker, we would love to have you on the US Women's World Cup team for the next Women's World Cup. I know it is such short notice, but we need more players, and after we saw your video of you championship game, we knew you could fulfill this spot." I was in awe.

"The head coach plans on calling your parents tonight. You will get forty-eight hours to make you decision. You will also receive an email that states everything you will need to know before making your decision."

"Oh... Okay then. Thank you for your offer and heads up. I'll... um, think about it." I did a fake smile, even though he couldn't see it.

"Alright. Goodbye Ms. Walker, we hope you make the right decision." Then he hung up. I set phone on the table and ran my fingers through me hair. What just happened?

"Who... was that?" Liam asked. I had almost forgot he was standing right next to me. I frowned.

"One of the... assistant coaches for the Women's US Soccer Team... He... offered me to play on their team and to play in the up coming Women's World Cup..." I didn't know what I was going to do. So much was going through my head right now.

"Riles! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" Liam gave me a big hug. After he released, he say my expression on my face. He frowned.

"What is it babe?"

"What's going to happen if I say yes? Will I have to move to the US again? What about my other team? What about my friends? What about... us?"

"You will have to move to the US. You'll still be able to play with your other team. Every girl on the USA World Cup Team has another team they play with. Your friend will support you one hundred percent. As for you and me, we will stay the same. I'm going to support you. The other guys will too." I nodded and gave a smile. It was fake though. I was worried about Liam and me... We would have no time to see each other, what would happen then?

"Riley..." My mom and dad came around the corner of the kitchen. She had just gotten the phone call, and maybe even the email...

"You got offered a spot on the Women's World Cup Team!" Her and my father jumped with joy. They didn't like my reaction.

"I know. I got a call too..."

"They just emailed us, explaining everything." My dad said. I looked to Liam. I didn't want him to get worried about all of this.

"He said I have forty-eight hours, can we wait until tomorrow to make my decision?"

"Of course." My mom said.

"Come Payne. Let's go watch some netfilx."

~

I must have fallen asleep in the middle of the movie. I opened my eyes and saw Liam. He didn't know I was up. I was so tried, so I just closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. It had to be at least two in the morning. Liam looked like he was thinking, so I didn't want to disturb him.

Then my door opened. It must be my mom. Please don't make him leave...

"I'm sorry! We were watching a movie and Riley fell asleep, I can leave." He was just about to get up.

"No. Stay." They were probably smiling at each other.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Walker."

"Goodnight, Liam."

I was smiling. Liam must have felt me smile, because he leaned in and kissed my head. He slowly whispered, "I love you." Maybe he thought I was asleep, but I'm glad I wasn't. It was nice to hear that.

~

Liam left at eleven that morning. He had a concert that night, and was already late for his flight. Hey, that rhymes man! Enough of rhyming, I needed to make decision, now.

My parents headed up to the family computer to look at all the details.

We found out I would have to move to the US again for a few months. I would be touring if we won the World Cup. The team would train non-stop. I would still be able to play on my London team because they played at different times. I had to love soccer to be on this team.

And I do. I do love soccer.

After we read the email about a million times, my parents looked at me.

"Riley, you could be remembered for this. But it's your decision." My dad said. My mother nodded in agreement. I sighed.

This would be an amazing opportunity. I would make friends, and keep the old. I would still have Liam by my side. I would still have One Direction by my side. I let out a deep breath.

"Tell them... I would love to be on the team." My parents smiled and a medially called them. The head coach said she was thrilled to have me. My parents started cheering and talking way to fast, at the same time too. I caught the words celebrate, Liam, and proud. So, I'm guessing they want to take me out somewhere to celebrate, probably out to dinner. Then have me call Liam and tell him what I had done because he is probably so nervous about what my choice was. And that my parents were so proud of me.

"Should I call Liam before we go to dinner or after?" I smirked. My parents smirked back because they were glad I somehow understood their talking.

The phone rang three times before Liam picked up.

"Riley!" He sounded nervous and worried.

"Liam, I'm going to America, to play for their team in the Women's World Cup."

Liam cheered. I heard other cheers around him. I must be on speakerphone. The boys must all be listening.

"Congrats babe!"

"I will be touring if we win the World Cup. The team is going to train non-stop. I would still be able to play on my London team because they played at different times! This is great!"

"Brilliant love! I'm so happy for you." You could tell he was happy. But he was also worried. Worried about what would happen from all this time apart. So was I.

a.n. 

At least it's longer this time! I hope you like it! It's getting close to the end, so I decided I won't be doing a sequel to this! I'm so sorry! It will have an epilog to tell you how everything turns out! ily all!

-eve fangirl on, x