one way ticket to orgasm city.*

AVERY.

Waking up with a painstakingly throbbing headache and spending the following hours hugging the toilet bowl was definitely not on my to-do list this morning.

I assumed Calum had returned home at some point, whether it was before I was blowing chunks or after, I'm not quite certain. By the time I had chugged at least two bottles of water and shoved some Advil down my throat, I started to feel a bit better, despite the haziness in my head.

"You look like shit," my roommate's voice startles me slightly, my hand nearly loosening it's grip on the half empty vodka bottle. I had just started cleaning up my regretful mess, the stench of the alcohol wafting in my nose did nothing for my gurgling, nearly empty stomach.

I whip around to face him, noticing he's shirtless as usual, rubbing at his tired eyes. "So do you," I quip back, eyes trailing along his tanned skin, which was now littered in various pink, round splotches. "The hell happened to you?"

Calum blinks a few times, eyebrows knitted together and follows my gaze to his torso. A flush of embarrassment washes over his cheeks. "Okay, so, Ashton and I may have messed around with his paintball gun a little bit-"

"You're a fucking moron," I groan, placing the half empty bottles back onto the pantry's shelf. Calum bites back a boyish grin at my response, but doesn't say anything further, just simply shrugs and tosses himself onto the couch.

Resuming my previous activities, I tidy up the counters and shove whatever else I'd left out back in their original places. "Soo," Calum pipes up from the couch, dragging out the word, "You had a little fun last night, eh?"

I pause, feeling a bit fortunate that Calum couldn't see the pink on my cheeks or the lump I quickly swallow, "Uh, not really," my voice wavers, "Just sat around, that's all."

"Right," I could practically hear the skeptic, narrowed eyes he must've been adorning, "And that meant breaking out the holy trinity? Vodka, tequila, and red wine?"

"Well-"

"You don't even like red wine, Avery." As Calum sits up from the couch, sporting the exact expression I had imagined, our eyes meeting. I surely felt like a deer caught in the headlights.

"So, look-"

"You had someone over, didn't you?" His grin grows excitedly wider, brown eyes brightening. He takes my nervous silence as a yes, practically leaping from the worn couch to approach the other side of the countertop across from me. "Didn't you?"

"Okay, kind of," I sheepishly admit, tearing my eyes away from his intense gaze, "But not like- no sex or anything, we just hung out."

And shared a kiss. A very passionate one.

A shudder runs down my spine at the thought. "And?" Calum presses, tapping his fingers eagerly on the surface.

"And, what?" I shrug, my own fingers toying with the hem of my crewneck sweater, "That's it, Cal, I swear."

A groan falls from his mouth. "You're kidding me, right? You brought someone over and didn't fuck? Hold on, better question," he raises a finger, "Since when do you bring guys over at all?"

"I- I don't-" I puff my cheeks, releasing a huff, for I know he's right. I never bring guys back to the apartment, Calum and I have always been considerate of one another about things like that.

There was one time, way back around the time I had first moved in. Calum was nearly black-out drunk, stumbling and slurring into the apartment with an equally intoxicated girl in tow. I was two hours deep into a murder mystery show, and nearly shat my pants when they staggered into the living room.