it's all out.

(please note, i have no clue how legal proceedings work. in lieu of some half-assed attempt, i'll be turning the court hearing into sort of a script format. if this bothers you, you're welcome to skim it, but you'll miss revelations. formal writing will follow the court script. see you after. ava xx)

-

MONDAY MARCH 6, 2023

APPROXIMATELY 9:26 AM

OFFICER: "Now presenting case CR-9057675, regarding criminal offenses as follows; Money Laundering, Conspiracy to Commit Fraud, and Theft of Goods or Services. Please be seated."

JUDGE: "Good Morning, we're going to get through this as efficiently as possible. I've lightly reviewed the case files, and will use my fair and honest judgment after the trial is over. I'm not sure how many of you have been involved with the court, and seeing as this is a protected, private case, the outcome will be left to me, as there will not be a jury provided as per request of both parties involved."

JUDGE CLEARS HIS THROAT.

JUDGE: "We'll start with opening statements, which given the charges we're looking at may take up most of our day today. We'll move on to witness statements on the plaintiff's behalf, which we have on the docket for tomorrow. Next will be the witness statements on the defendant's behalf, the day after next. And hopefully by Thursday we can wrap up the case and have this settled by next week."

JUDGE: "Alright, can I have Prosecuting Attorney Ackerman come forward please?"

PROSECUTING ATTORNEY ACKERMAN APPROACHES THE JUDGE, TURNING BEFORE THE COURT.

PA ACKERMAN: "Good Morning, I'm Jason Ackerman, Prosecuting Attorney on behalf of Michael Clifford, as some of you may know. We're here today to discuss the charges brought before us, three heavily criminalized charges against Mr. Luke Hemmings of H&I, LLC."

PA ACKERMAN: "And as of right now, there are many, many questions. Some I hope we can answer and put this case to rest. Now, I'm no stranger to criminal cases such as this, however having no jury is a bit peculiar for me."

PA ACKERMAN: "So, I'll start with this, laying out the evidence as per usual. The plaintiff, Michael Clifford, brought to my attention some startling evidence against Mr. Hemmings. The charges that the judge mentioned are quite serious- Money Laundering, which we have bank details proving the movement of company money. Conspiracy to Commit Fraud- email and written records proving Mr. Hemmings' motives to cheat clients out of their payments. And Theft of Goods or Services- more emails statements from Mr. Hemmings proving he wasn't planning to pay Michael the contractually obligated amount for his work."

PA ACKERMAN: "Now, there are also little tidbits in here we'll get into with the witness statements but I wanted to get this all laid out so we know exactly where we're heading. Mr. Clifford has been an innocent bystander in this whole mess. Providing Mr. Hemmings with complex coding nobody could recreate so that he could scam his clients and cheat Mr. Clifford out of his well deserved money."

JUDGE: "Thank you, Mr. Ackerman. Could District Attorney Greenway please step forward?"

DISTRICT ATTORNEY GREENWAY APPROACHES THE JUDGE, TURNING BEFORE THE COURT.

DA GREENWAY: "Good morning, I'm Chelsie Greenway, District Attorney on behalf of Luke Hemmings. The Prosecuting Attorney seemed to cover the generic points, so I'll spare you of having to sit through those again."