Chapter 40

I pull my tie straight in the mirror, looking myself up and down for probably the millionth time.

"Don't look at me like that," I tell Albert to is also sitting in front og the mirror, his little tuxedo that he is wearing making him look even more adorable than ever. "I have to look myself over again. I'm not like you, who is naturally the most handsome man in any room. I need to actually do some work."

Albert gives a sneeze and then gets up and walks away, probably looking for the exit so that he can defile yet another one of the ugly pot plants Cameron told him to pee against.

"Yes! Go and leave me all alone to be a bundle of anxiety. Don't mind me going crazy in my head about seeing E.J. and Chris on top of it all. It's completely okay," I say after him, but he has already left the room, bored of me saying the same thing over and over again.

I start styling my hair when there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say, after which the door almost immediately opens.

"I just saw Cameron," Will says walking into the room. I can't help but notice how handsome he is looking in his ivory suit, and the...

"Is that a Slytherin tie?" I ask, a frown appearing on my face. "You know you are getting married in two hours right? Don't tell me we were so hard on you at the bachelors party that you ended up taking the wrong tie."

"You know I didn't drink last night. I promised Cameron I wouldn't. The tie was actually Cameron's idea, so that I can have something Harry Potter at the wedding. He thought it would be a sweet little inside joke between him and me. But seriously now, I saw Cameron, and he doesn't look good at all," Will says. He is talking at such a fast pace that I almost want to take him by the shoulders and sit him down on a chair so that he can just calm down for a second.

"You know that seeing the bride before the wedding is bad luck," I say, trying my best to make Will smile, but he doesn't.

"I have a really bad feeling. Grace came to me this morning. She had one of her dreams. She knows things, from her dreams. She said her mother appeared to her and told her that the sparrow will fly away. And then a pink sparrow in her dreams flew from its cage out the window," Will tries his best to explain.

"I don't think I am following you," I answer, trying to piece together Grace's dream and what on earth it might have to do with Cameron not being okay.

"Well, Grace sometimes dreams weird dreams. They show the future. It's hard to explain, and I know you must think I am crazy, but just bare with me. Grace has never gotten it wrong, and with her Voodoo things and everything... She thinks that Cameron is gonna leave me at the altar because of something I am going to say or do, and I am kinda freaking out at the moment," Will says, and then just as I thought he should, he actually does take a seat on the bed.

"I don't think you're crazy. I did things with Chris just because a Tarot card reader told me I would," I say with a goofy smile. "So I kinda get it. But I also think that we control our own lives. No dream or Tarot card, or even a bloody crystal ball can make us do things we do not want to do."

"You're probably right. But Cameron isn't himself. He was barely talking to me when I saw him to make sure he is okay," Will sighs, gets up and then adjusts his already perfect tie in the mirror just like I did a few minutes ago.

"And are you okay? Damn, I think everyone in the house has major anxiety at this point. In two hours from now you are gonna be a married man. Before that I still need to face E.J. Cameron is probably worried about how the pictures are gonna turn out, if the gumbo will be enough, and the ruffles not too poofy or something like that. You know he is a freak for detail. Plus, I am pretty sure he is wondering if he should have ordered a muzzle and made Jessica-Lynne wear it for the day," I say and laugh a little bit about my own joke about Jessica-Lynna, although I also know I am dead serious about it deep down inside.