Part 7

Akk POV

It was really boring, to be honest. I have no other options, other than scrolling my mobile phone. A little later, I fell asleep.

I hope he was sleeping too, at 2 Am, I felt too cold, and when I woke up, he was still not asleep. He looked into his chain as if counting the number of atoms present in them.

"Ayan, don't you sleep?", I asked him sleepily.

"I don't feel like sleeping.", he is really insomnia. I feel pity for him.

I had an idea, but the execution, I don't know how successful it would go. I got my ear pods along with me.

I took them and pressed one on his right ear and the other on my left ear.

He viewed me in surprise.

"Just listen to some music. You will fall asleep sooner", I told him. To my surprise, he didn't protest.

I am sure, I slept hearing that music, but I am not sure about him.

Next morning..............

A lady barged into the room. I could feel someone's presence so I woke up. Ayan was still sleeping.

"Mam...", it was Ayan's mom. She finally came in the morning.

"Akk right?"

"Yes mam"

"Can we go outside? He is still sleeping...", she asked concerned about his son.

I could not say no. Because it is difficult for him to fall asleep once he wakes up. So, we better not disturb him.

"Akk, I really don't know how to thank you.", she thanked me.

"It's all right mam. ", I assured her.

"No, coming Sunday, you should definitely come to our house for lunch."

"It's all right mam, Ayan is my classmate. I would have done this for whomever it was."

"Please. I insist", she said. I could not deny her.

"Okay mam"

"I can take care of Ayan from here. You can leave Akk. Thanks", she instructed, holding my hands.

"Okay mam". I went inside the room to fetch the ear Pod of mine that Ayan was using. But he was sleeping on the right side, so I could not take them out. Better, I won't disturb his sleep.

I left the place for my dorm. It was 7: 00 Am in the morning. No one would have woken by now.

I knocked on the door, Khan opened the door. "Akk, you came"

"Yeah"

"Where did you go?"

"A friend of mine was sick"

"You won't reveal the name? If were with your girlfriend, just say", he smirked.

"I was really with a friend"

"Ok...Ok. Hey, I forget to say. Today we are going to a movie. Do you want to come with us?", he asked me. I thought for a while. I don't have any jobs to do.

"Sure, why not"

In the afternoon, we went to Avatar: Way of Water. I have seen the first part. But this was great. It had great visual effects. Spoiler alert: I was deeply saddened by the death of that one person in the movie. I start to feel weird feeling after the discussion of the post-movie with my friends.

After the movie ended, we went to McDonald's and ordered Burgers and we discussed the film.

Everyone was discussing how beautiful the lead heroines were but I was very much attracted to the lead hero. Am I wrong? Why don't I feel the same way as they feel?

"Akk, how was the film?", Wat asked me.

"Great", I said.

"That's it? I expected more"

"Guys, I have a doubt, how long will it be for the Navis?", Wat asked.

The topic is going weird. I have to change the topic. "They have very long hair, don't you see in the movie?", he gave the wrong answer, though he knew exactly what wat is asking and he laughed.

"Guys! Let us eat. Stop discussing the film.", I intervened and diverted the topic.

I am feeling like I am undergoing a few changes mentally. I keep betraying my feelings.

After a great meal, we went to the dorm. I lay on my bed, suddenly, I got a great urge to test Ayan to know if he was doing all right.

Akk: Hey. Are you feeling better?

I was waiting for the message and after 2 minutes, he texted.

Ayan: I am good.

Akk: Eat properly. Don't faint on road again.

Ayan: Why do have so much concern?

Akk: Because I am your friend. Am I?

Ayan: You got a lot of friends, why do you want to be my friend?

Akk: (I really don't know what to type. But I really wanted to say, because, I like you) Because I want to be your friend.

Ayan: (A thinking emoji)

Akk: I never knew you use emojis. (with smile emoji)

Ayan: I do use.

Akk: Great.

Ayan: Mom asked me to invite you for lunch next Sunday, though she invited you. Please do come!

Akk: I already said yes to her.

Ayan: cool.

Akk: Okay then, see you tomorrow at school.

Ayan: Hmm

I expected a bye from him. But I'm happy that he at least talked this much to me. A random thought about how Ayan slept yesterday passed my mind. Though it was short-lived in my brain, I never expected to dream about him.

The next day, I went to class. Ayan came before me and he was already in class. I tried to smile at him. But he never gave me shit.

Thua greeted Ayan," Hi", and he greeted him back.

The class started and everyone was busy listening to the class, Ayan from side slid a small box to my side.

The cover said "Thanks"

I viewed Ayan for a minute. He showed signs to open the box. I did as he said.

Inside, I found the ear pod, that I gave him. He made a little smile and I made a same-length smile not more not less.

"Akk, are you listening?", the staff called my name. I pulled the box inside my desk and replied, "Yes mam"

For a minute, the whole class was staring at me after mam called my name. This Ayan is totally different from the one I saw the first day.

Thanks, guys for reading. Hope you all like the flow of the story. Please do support by voting and commenting. Love you all.