Part 27

Ayan POV

Everything has fallen into place. Akk won the medal, and we have been great boyfriends. I supported him wholeheartedly, and I've never been this excited about someone's victory. But when it comes to Akk, it feels as if I've won the championship myself.

when everyone was on prefect duty, I found myself sitting alone in the classroom, scrolling through my Instagram feed. Suddenly, Thua entered the class, leaving just the two of us inside. I couldn't help but remember our recent conversation where he opened up about his stepfather physically and mentally abusing him. I hadn't asked him what had happened since then.

So, I initiated a conversation with him and asked how things were between him and his father and if he had reported the abuse to his mother.

"No, Ayan. I haven't yet. I didn't get a chance to talk to my mom. She was busy with meetings all week," he expressed.

"Please do it as soon as possible! You might regret it if you don't," I suggested, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Ahh!" Thua moaned from my touch.

"Did I hurt you anywhere?" I asked worriedly. I unbuttoned his collar to inspect his wound, and what I saw shocked me.

It was a fresh belt mark, still bruised. "Thua!" I gasped in horror. My mother had never raised a hand to me and not even scolded me. This was beyond inhumane.

"What the hell happened? This looks fresh!" I inquired, my concern growing.

Thua's eyes welled up with tears. "This is for the reason I was with you guys after Akk's victory and got home so late," he said, a tear escaping his eye.

Suddenly, Khan entered the classroom while we were engrossed in our conversation. Thua quickly adjusted his uniform, buttoning his shirt. Khan's face displayed shock at the scene before him.

"Hey Ayan! What's going on? What are you doing to him" Khan, clearly enraged, approached me forcefully, grabbing my collar.

"It's nothing, Khan. Aye didn't do anything wrong. Trust me!" Thua pleaded on my behalf. But Khan seemed deaf to his words, and his fists clenched as he attempted to strike me.

"Khan, please hear me out!" I said to him, looking at Thua, who signaled me not to reveal his secrets with a subtle nod.

Khan managed to land a punch on my face before other students entered the classroom and restrained him from further violence.

Ms. Sani, our teacher, arrived and gave us a stern look. She ordered us to meet her in the staff room immediately. I didn't regret caring for Thua. When I was new to the school, he was the only one who reached out to me and trusted me with his most private issues. I felt no embarrassment about heading to the staff room for this seemingly trivial matter.

As we both waited in the staffroom, I leaned back in my chair, while Khan appeared tense and stressed, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Both of you, come inside!" Ms. Sani called us in, and we stood before her, feeling like criminals awaiting sentencing.

"Khan, I didn't expect this from you. You're a prefect, and you should uphold the school's standards," she scolded him. Khan remained silent, staring at the floor, whether from genuine embarrassment or an attempt to avoid further scolding was unclear.

"Sorry, ma'am," Khan finally apologized.

Ms. Sani turned her attention to me. "As for you, Mr. Ayan, I never expected this from you either."