mrr

Jake and Neytiri had decided to leave. Apparently the sky people were targeting us, specifically Jake.It was decided we would travel on our Ikrans to get to the sea clans, made up of thousands of islands. It was probably the hardest moment in my life. The forest was my life, it's were I grew up, it's were I met my family. Having to say goodbye to it was devastating but I tried to hide it. It wasn't easy for anyone.

Neteyam saw right through my mask though, giving me a smile as we flew on our ikrans. I tried smiling back but it look more like a grimace.

We traveled for days. I was so tired and the only thing on my mind was food.

On the third day we finally arrived.

There is a stone wall that separtes the clan from the outer sea. On the other side of that wall are fountains filled with sea people. The water is a lot clearer compared to the sea. You can see all the creatures swimming around along with the people.

We circle the land once to announce our presence before landing on the sand . Immediately a swarm of people surrounds us, whispering to one another. They're different from us. Their skin colour is a very light blue and their face structure is more oval with big blue eyes instead of yellow. A feeling of insecurity rises in me with all these people starring and whispering. I get off my ikran to join the others so I feel less lonely. 

I try to hide behind Jake but he notices, nudging me to stand next to him so the people can see me. I curse him mentally.

"Be nice" Neytiri mumbles looking back at us.

Suddenly I see a boy come up to us. The people next to him make him space as he walks by. He must be important. He stares intently at us before settling his gaze on me. When he walks over I put my hand to my forehead before bringing it down, showing my respect. The boys copying me when he passes by them .

"Easy just be cool" Jake mutters to us.

The guy circles us with this friends, making fun of our tail. I glare at them. 

I notice Lo'ak staring elsewhere. I follow his gaze and find him staring at a girl. Neteyam sees it aswell, smirking when he sees Lo'ak blush and look down. He looks at me smirking knowing I saw it too and I smirk back. 

The girl approaches and scolds the previous guy and his friends for making fun of us. Obviously Lo'ak sees this as an opportunity to make a fool of himself.

"Hey" he says smiling at her. 

You're supposed to be formal and show your respect idiot

The girl thankfully doesn't mind and simply smiles back and looks down.

Suddenly a weird animal flies over us before landing on the other side of the sand. A man gets off and starts walking towards us. He must be the chief.

"I see you Tonowari" Jake says to my left. The rest of us copy him.

A woman emerges from the crowd.

"I see you Ronal, Tsahik of the Metcayina" We all say.

"Why do you come to us Jake Sully?" The chief asks.

Jake puts his arms out "We seek uturu"

The woman seems to not like that. As the chief explains his worries to Jake, the Tsahik circles us. She touches Neytiris tail before grabbing Tuks arm. "Their arms are too thin" she grabs Kiris tail. "Your tails are weak. You will be too slow in the water." She grabs my hands showing them to the people around "These people are not even true Na'vi." 

That hits a nerve. I pull my hands away "Yes we are."

She takes Lo'aks hand this time "They have demon blood" she exclaims. The people around us gasp.

Jake jumps to his defense followed by Neytiri who has clearly had enough of the woman. Can't blame her. That doesn't stop her though, she just continues to insult us.

"It seems Eywa has turned her back on you" 

That's when Neytiri hisses at her, clearly upset. The woman hisses back.

Jake looks at the chief for help but he clearly doesn't know what to do either. I stop listening to what goes on next. I honestly wouldn't complain if we couldn't stay here. As long as it's far away from this Tsahik I'm good. 

Finally, the chief and Tsahik give in. 

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us. Treat them as our brothers and sisters, but they do not know the sea, so they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of feeling useless" 

Jake looks relieved. He's the first one to thank them as we copy him.

"Our son Aonung and our daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do."

I guess it's Lo'aks lucky day. 

Aonung clearly isn't happy but his protest doesn't get far before his father shuts him down. On the other hand Tsireya seems genuinely happy to help. "Come I'll show you our village" she smiles.

This is going to be fun. I look at Neteyam with despair but he only shrugs and takes my bags, carrying them for me while we follow Tsireya to our new home.