mevol

I look up into his eyes as a smile slowly makes itself upon my face.
Slowly his expression mirrors mine and soon we're both smiling at each other, my back still pressed against the tree.

"That was nice" I finally break the comfortable silence.

"That was nice" he repeats after me in confirmation.

I can't help but let my smile grow wider as I let out a giddy laugh. I never thought I'd find myself in this situation with Neteyam.

My body against his, me and him kissing.

He looks down, laughing slightly, before lifting his gaze back up to my face.

"You're okay with...this?" He slowly asks, his demeanor changing slightly. I can tell he's nervous by the way his shoulders tense up.

I give his hand a small squeeze to reassure him. "Of course Neteyam, I wouldn't have done it if I weren't" I gently smile.

He lets out a deep breath "Good, good."

"What are we-"

We're interrupted by Lo'ak shouting Neteyams name as he approaches our spot.

Out of instinct we both pull away, Neteyam awkwardly standing next to a tree branch while I turn away to face the tree.

"Neteyam?" Lo'ak finally emerges behind a tree. "Rei?" He gives us a weird look.

Neteyam pretends to examine a leaf next to him before turning around "yeah?"

I stiffle a laugh.

Lo'ak turn to look at me quizzically.

"You good?"

I clear my throat, "yeah, yeah. Great."

"Okay... er- Neteyam I need your help"

"Uh yeah."

Lo'ak looks at him expectantly.

"Are you free to come?" He looks at both of us questioningly, "or is this a bad time?"

"No no Neteyam is free to go. We were just sorting things out" I quickly answer.

"Yeah" Neteyam adds, giving me a quick glance, " but now they're sorted so I'm free to go."

"Mhm" I nod.

There's a moment of silence as Lo'ak silently judges us.

Neteyam notices quickly and thankfully saves the situation. "Let's go baby bro."

He pulls Lo'ak after him as they both quickly leave, Lo'ak struggling to keep up.

Once I'm sure they're gone I let out a deep breath.

A smile creeps onto my face as I recall the events from only a few minutes ago.

I get giddy just thinking about it.

After finally calming myself down and jumping around to let all the energy out I decide to leave as well.

I promised Kiri to help her find seashells with Tsireya and right now I need to do something to take my mind of things.

Very short chapter but I can't post tonight so I had to post something short now to make it up to you guys. I have a longer chapter planned for tomorrow!!
Also, as you can tell, I'm stalling the whole plot bc soon I'll have to write the battle so rn I'm trying to fit in as many cute moments as possible :)