vohin

To my greatest disappointement we make it to shore and I am forced to detach myself from the Tulkun. As if sensing my sadness it gives out a small noise before nudging me. I smile.

"Thank you" I hand sign , hoping she understands me. I turn to Aonung, "you were okay" .

"You're too kind" he shoots me a sarcastic smile. "You should go back before you drown. I won't save you if you do."

This time I shoot him one of my sarcastic smiles as I sign one last time a thank you to the animal.

I swim back up as they both leave, and finally break the surface. I take a much needed deep breath to calm down my heart rate. Even though I did in fact nearly drwon because of the lack of oxygen in my lungs, I manage to smile.

It's not everyday you get to ride a Tulkun. I'm so preoccupied by my happy thoughts and I don't hear the footsteps nearing me until the person is towering over me, casting their shadow on me.

I look up surprised to see Neteyam. What's more surprising is the sour look on his face.

I squint my eyes as I struggle to stay above water without getting my head submerged.

"Neteyam?" I ask him as I swim over to the wooden deck, holding onto it for dear life.

"Enjoying yourself I see."

I furrow my brows not understanding what he's getting at. I carefully climb the wooden pillar and sit down on the edge of the deck, my legs dipping in the water.

"You saw that?" I smile up at him. He's still standing over me, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed and looking pretty annoyed.

"Yeah. I saw you riding that Tulkun with Aonung."

That's when I get it. 

Neteyam is jealous.

"Are you jealous?" The corner of my mouth twitching as I try to fight off the smirk.

"No. I was simply congratulating you for finally making a friend."

"Is that so?" I stand up to look at him. He still manages to look down on me.

He gives me a tight lipped smile. "Of course" He turns around to walk away but I catch his arm.

"Where are you going? You're not going to sulk are you?" This time I don't fight the smirk off my face.

"No, I'm going to find Tsireya."

I freeze. My smirk drops and his grows.

"What?"

"You heard me" He takes my hand that's holding him back as if it's a disease before snatching it off, "see you later". He leaves shooting me one of his signature smirks.

I just stand there for a few seconds dumbfounded. 

Is he seriously throwing a temper tantrum over this? I can't give him the satisfaction of knowing I don't want him to see Tsireya but if don't say anything he will do it.

"Stop!" I open my mouth before my brain can comprehend. 

Why would I shout? I mentally slap myself.

He comes to a stop and turns around to look at me with a cocky smirk on his face.

I might slap it off him.

"I was just riding the Tulkun because there weren't any others. I wasn't flirting with Aonung so you don't have to be jealous."