Terrible Timing

Revali's POV

I woke up to birds chirping and the breeze was cool. Why am I on the balcony? I asked myself. Quickly snapping back to reality, I look at my shoulder to see a blonde boy peacefully asleep.

I quickly recognized the boy as Link. "Ah! What the hell!" I freaked out, waking Link up. "What are you doing?!" My face red from blushing, and my feathers all fluffed up. Link looked as embarrassed as I was.

He quickly ran back inside, leaving the door open. I got up and brushed myself up. Great, why do I always ruin these moments? I went back inside and immediately started changing.

Link's POV

I ran outside of Revali's room, blush consuming my face. Why did I fall asleep on him? I'm such an idiot! I ran into my room and closed the door behind me.

I realized its about time for me to go. I have to accompany princess Zelda to the spring of wisdom. I sighed and threw on my Champions Tunic and a pair of boots. I grabbed my sword and left.

I arrived at Zeldas study, where one of the guards said she would be. I opened the door and there she was, reading about the guardians. "Oh, Link! I didn't see you there!" She turned around with a smile on her face. "I suppose it is time to go, is it?" I nodded.

She sighed and stood up. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a familiar voice. "Mind if we tag along?" Urbosa and the other guardians stood at the door, including Revali. I quickly looked away, still embarrassed about this morning.

"Aren't you all supposed to be on duty today?" Zelda asked. "We asked your father if we could accompany you as well." Urbosa replied.

"Fine, you guys can come as well." Zelda paused before signaling us to follow as she walked out the door. We all followed her outside if her study, and then outside of the castle.

We started heading toward Mt. Lanayru, where the spring of wisdom is. I could feel Revali staring at me, making me shiver.

A few hours passed and it was night. We were all starving, and tired. "Can we just stop here for the night? My legs are starting to feel like noodles, and I'm starving!" Revali complained.

"DON'T COMPLAIN, REVALI! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!" Daruk shouted

"Almost there? I can hardly see Mt. Lanayru!" Revali snapped.

"Guys, please don't argue. We can stop here." Zelda said as she started setting up a tent. The rest of the group did the same. Except for Daruk, he said hed prefer to sleep outside. But we all know that he just wouldn't fit inside the tent.

We each got comfortable in our tents. "Goodnight, everyone." Mipha said softly. "Goodnight." Urbosa replied. We all drifted off to sleep in less than an hour.

Morning came quickly. I was the first to wake up. I quickly checked everyone's tent to make sure nobody was hurt. Phew, they're all okay. I set up a fire and started cooking some breakfast. I didn't take much food with me. Hopefully some Simmered Fruit will do for today.

"Whats that smell? It smells delicious." A soft voice came from behind me. It was Mipha. I smiled at her and continued to cook. "I don't want to sound mean, but why can't you talk?" Mipha asked as I gave her a plate of food.

I was kind of shocked by the question, but I didn't really mind her asking. I didn't want ti ignore her, though. "H-..ur....t" I blurted out. My voice was raspy, and my throat felt as if a thousand bees had stung it. "Hurt? It hurts for you to speak?" I nodded.

"Ah, I'm sorry for aski-" Mipha was interrupted. "What's going on here?" Revali said in his usual, cocky tone. "Ah, good morning Revali. Link made breakfast."

"Is that so?" Revali sat right next to me, snatching a plate. "MORNIN GUYS!" Daruk shouted, waking Urbosa and Zelda up. "Do you have to be so loud? I was sleeping." Urbosa yawned.

We all ate our breakfast and decided to start walking again. It would be about 5 hours until we reached the spring of wisdom.

5 hours passed and we finally arrived at the gate at the end of Lanayru Road. "Me and Link will go alone. You four stay here and guard." Zelda instructed. "Good luck, princess." Urbosa called as me and Zelda started walking toward the mountain.

We arrived at the spring. There weren't many monsters kn the way up, and the ones that we did come across were easy to kill. Zelda stepped in the freezing water, flinching due to the cold water suddenly hitting her.

I watched as she prayed to the goddess. Seeing her pressure herself due to a prophecy made my heart ache. She doesn't deserve this.

Hours pass, and Zelda is crying. She gets up and walks away with her head down. I quickly catch up with her. I put my hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

We arrived at the gate where the other Champions were. "Any luck?" Urbosa asked, concerned when she saw the freezing water dripping from Zeldas clothes. "No.." Zelda had her head down.

"Well, thats okay. We can always try again another time, right guys?"

"YEAH!" Daruk smashed his fists together.

I looked over to Mipha, who looked like she was about to say something. Before I could her what she wanted to say, I was dragged to the side by Revali.

I was confused when he took me to a more private area. He's angry. I just know it. I anxiously thought to myself. Preparing for the worst, I stood silently.

"Link..." Revali said my name before continuing. "I-I'm sorry, for how I reacted the other day." My eyes widened out of shock. He's...Sorry? "I shouldn't have reacted that way. Link, there is something I must tell you. Do you promise not to get angry?"

Instinctively, I nodded. So many emotions filled my head. I didn't know wether to be confused, since he doesn't normally apologize or tell me things, or happy that he's apologizing.

Revali took a deep breath. "Link, I-" Revali was cut off by a loud roar coming from the castle. The ground shook. We both ran back to the group, who was as shocked as we were. Revali flew into the air to see what was going on. "It's happening!" He shouted, fear in his voice. "Everyone! To your divine beasts! Now!" Zelda ordered. She took me by the hand and started dragging me near the castle as the other Champions scurried to their Divine Beasts.

AAAAAND that does it for chapter 3. Hope you guys enjoyed the cliffhanger🤭

Art belongs to @FireMoonXD on Twitter

1149 Words