Freedom Comes Slowly

100 years later...

Link's POV

"Li....Link..." A faint voice made my eyes flutter open. "Link, wake up." The water surrounding me lowered. I sat up and looked around. Where am I? "Link, you have been asleep for one hundred years. Hyrule needs you."

After a couple of minutes, I finally got out of the mysterious shrine. I was wearing some worn down clothes, which were very uncomfortable. I noticed an old man camping in a small den.

"Ah, you're finally awake." The old man tried to start some small talk, but I didn't say anything. Suddenly I was instructed to go to a certain point on the Sheikah Slate. I followed it and noticed an abandoned looking structure.

I put my Sheikah Slate in the pedestal and the tower immediately went up into the sky, causing me to fall onto my butt. The hell? I sat back up as the weird looking stone dropped a drop of water onto the Sheikah Slate, adding some kind of map.

Revali's POV

It's been 100 years since the calamity struck. Waiting for link really has been a pain. Honestly, I gave up on waiting for him 30 years ago, although a part of me will continue waiting. I didn't want to admit, but I miss him. I miss my friends, my village, and being free in general. Now im just stuck on this dumb Divine Beast.

I sighed and looked off the edge of Vah Medoh. It was unusually quiet up here, usually Windblight would be screaming or something. Suddenly, I noticed a small figure gliding around Hyrule Field. Link

Link's POV

I glided around. I never knew gliding could be fun, but it was. I was instructed to search for some places, to retrieve some memories. I just hope I can find them all. The Champions seemed like nice people.

Suddenly I noticed a specific place. It wasn't on the Sheikah Slates gallery, but it looked very familiar. I decided to go to that place, maybe it was a memory. Suddenly, I remembered.

Revali. He had dragged me to a private area to tell me something, but then Ganon attacked. Suddenly, I snapped out of my trance. I realized what Revali was trying to say. He liked me.

Months later

Months had passed, and I felt even more pressured to defeat Ganon. Villagers, merchants, basically everyone started to nag me about when I plan on defeating Ganon. I understand they are afraid he will strike again, but I'm under way too much pressure. I hate it.

I realized I'm finally ready to defeat a Divine Beast, so I decided to go for one that was closest. Vah Naboris. I quickly put on my Gerudo Armor, hopped on Epona, my horse, then started heading to the desert.

It didn't take very long to get to the desert. Only about 30 minutes. I ran into Gerudo Town and went to the chief. She agreed to help me get into the Divine Beast. She put on the Thunder Helm and told me to meet her at a certain location.

Once I got to the place where she told me to meet her, she told me to give her some space. Suddenly we were circled by a bright light, which apparently would protect us from the lightning.

I struggled to stay in the circle. I wasn't the best at sand-sealing so I almost got hit with lightning multiple times. I managed to shoot the Divine Beats feet, causing it to fall.

"Good luck, Link!" The Gerudo Chief called as I hopped onto the Divine Beast. I smiled at her, then ran inside.

"Wow, you made it." A familiar voice said, but I couldn't make out where it was coming from. "You'll need a map of the Divine Beast. Head to the first terminal, thats where you'll get your map." She instructed. I quickly ran into the Divine Beast, defeating any guardians in my way.

I made it to the first terminal and got my map. "Good job, there are four terminals left. Urbosa reminded. Hearing her voice once again after 100 years brought me a sense of comfort. Damn, I miss my friends.

About two hours passed. Who knew Vah Naboris could be this tricky.. There was finally just one terminal left, the main control unit. I happily skipped to the main control unit. I will finally be able to see Urbosa again! Or so I thought.

I activated the main control unit, only to be met by a giant, Ganon-like monster with a shield and blade. "Be careful, Link. That thing is fast! It is what killed me 100 years ago." Urbosa warned. I got into a fighting stance, whipping out my sword and shield.

Thunderblight charged at me. I backflipped away just in time to cause a flurry rush. Thunderblight roared when I did this a certain amount of time, then went into the sky. It struck lightning onto the falling pillars it had made.

Hours of fighting, I finally killed it. Finally.. I panted, my knees were weak. It had only hit me a few times, but damn it was strong. Suddenly, Urbosa appeared. It took everything in me to not charge at her and hug her.

"Congratulations, Link. You defeated what I could not. You truly are the one destined to save Hyrule." She smiled. "There is something I would like to give you. It is no use for me anymore, but I'm sure it will help you on your journey." Suddenly she put her hands to her chest, focusing all her energy. Suddenly, an orb flew into my chest, causing me to float for a split second.

It was her lightning. "I'm sure it will do you good. Now, I must park this Divine Beast." Vah Naboris suddenly started moving again. It stopped once we were on a large hill. "Now go, save Hyrule." Urbosa smiled as I was suddenly teleported off of the Divine Beast.

I watched as Vah Naboris got ready to aim its laser at the castle. Urbosa looked like she was saying something, but I couldn't make out what she said. I glided down the hill, happy to know my friend is free.

Revali's POV

I heard a sudden loud roar coming from the desert. It sounded like Vah Naboris. I then noticed a large red beam aiming at Hyrule Castle. Link.. I was amazed. After all these years, I finally felt hope again.

Hey everyone, sorry if this chapter seemed kind of rushed. I wanted to follow the plot of the game, but at the same time I didn't want to bore you guys. So yeah sorry about that

While I was writing this entire thing, my cat was trying to obliterate my arm

Picture belongs to the game

1136 Words