The Freedom We All Deserve

Link's POV

I ran out of Rito Village. Ignoring the congratulations and applause I got. It was time for me to eliminate Ganon. I hopped on Epona, and we were off to the castle.

On the way to the castle, I started to think. What if my friends aren't really dead? It would make sense, since their spirits were still active. But deep inside, I knew they were gone.

About a day later, I made it to Hyrule Castle. My body tensed as I started to think. How do I get in?

Eventually, I just decided to climb my way in. I put on my Majoras Mask since I didn't want to deal with any monsters. Usually I would fight, but I need to save my energy for Ganon.

I walked around the castle, grabbing any weapons or food that I could. Wandering the castle made me sad. Hyrule Castle was where I lived, and now it is destroyed.

I eventually made it to the Sanctum, where there was a large malice covered ball on the ceiling. It moved around a bit until I heard Zelda speak. "Link...I can't...hold him anymore! I'm sorry." Suddenly, the malice covered ball burst, revealing Ganon.

My body tensed. I pulled out my sword and got into a fighting stance. All of the sudden, a light came from the ceiling. Shards started to fall. I used my shield to cover myself while Ganon took tons of damage.

Suddenly, the shards stopped falling. Ganon roared, and all of the sudden we were falling. I instinctively pulled out my paraglider and glided down.

I softly landed on my feet. Before I could react, Ganon hit me with one of his legs. I stumbled backward, quickly pulling out my sword. I charged at him, cutting off one of his legs.

About 10 minutes of fighting, he suddenly grew an orange aura around his body. I immediately recognized this as a shield, and quickly got my shield ready.

I used Daruk's Protection to parry Ganon's attacks, causing his shield to break for a while. I continued doing this until suddenly he roared once again, and I was teleported outside.

I was confused when I saw Epona standing right next to me. What is going on? When suddenly I turned around to see a giant, malice covered bull with one eye.

I tried to hide my fear as I got on my horse. "Link, use the Bow of Light to hit Ganon's weak spots." A beautiful bow gracefully came out of thin air. I quickly grabbed it and started circling Ganon.

"His body is completely covered in malice. Shoot at the lights that will appear on his body." Zelda instructed. I waited for a light to show as I circled Ganon.

after 40 minutes of shooting, being hit by malice, and falling off Epona, Ganon roared in defeat. Zelda suddenly appeared. I couldn't tell if she was angry, sad, or pleased. All I knew was that she used the last bit of her power to seal Ganon.

Zelda rushed to me as I got off of Epona, stunbling. "Link! You did it, Link!" Zelda hugged me, making me fall backwards before catching myself. I hugged her back.

Suddenly, I felt myself getting weak. My wounds were starting to sting. My vision went blurry, and before I knew it, I blacked out.

I could hear Zelda shouting my name for a few seconds, until it all turned to nothing.

Zelda's POV

I watched as Link fought bravely. I watched him get wounded. Oh how I wish I could help..Watching him fight such a large thing made me feel uneasy.

Ganon roared, and I was suddenly teleported outside, in the air. I saw this as my chance to finally seal Ganon with the last of my power. He charged at me, trying to eat me once again. However, my power reacted quicker, and he was sealed away almost instantly.

My feet touched the ground, and my first instinct was to hug Link. "Link! You did it, Link!" I shouted as I hugged him. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. Oh, how I missed hugging him.

But the moment didn't last forever, and Link had blacked out. "Link!" I quickly laid him down on his back. I noticed all of his wounds, and decided to act quickly. I rushed up to Epona, hoping to find some kind of bandage in the small pouch that was attached to her saddle.

I finally found a roll of bandages, just enough for his wounds. I immediately started wrapping his wounds up, watching the blook soak through.

I sighed when I was finally done. Looking around, I noticed a small light traveling through the grass. Curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to touch it.

There was a sudden flash once I touched it. I used my arms to attempt to block some light out. The light faded, and I was met with four familiar faces. The Champions.

"H-how! I thought you guys were dead!" My voice shook. Tears formed in my eyes. Oh, how I missed them. "We thought so too. Turns out, our bodies were stored inside our Divine Beasts, slowly healing over time." Urbosa replied

There was a moment of silence before Mipha looked down and noticed Link. "Oh, goodness. Is he okay?" She knelt down, putting her hands on his arm. A small glow appeared around Miphas hands. I knew she was healing him.

"He should wake up sometime today or tomorrow." Mipha stood up. Before I could even speak, we were all swept up by Daruk, pulling us into a group hug. "BOY, I MISSED ALL OF YOU!" He shouted, making me wince.

I started giggling, tears of joy fell down my cheeks. I was surprised to see Revali on the brink of tears as well, but before I could say anything, I was once again interrupted.

"Well, it seems like Revali missed us too." Urbosa teased. Revali's expression quickly turned to anger. "What! No! I did not miss anyone!" He tried to defend himself.

"AWE, COME ONE BUDDY! IT'S OKAY TO MISS YOUR FRIENDS!" Daruk patted Revali on the back, not realizing how hard he had patted him, Revali fell forward, landing on his face.

We all burst out laughing, except Revali. A few minutes passed by and we all agreed that we needed to take Link to Impa.

We put Link on Epona and started walking. While everyone talked, laughed, or did whatever they were doing, I noticed Revali staring at Link with a worried look. Instantly, I knew what was going on.

"Someone has a crush, eh?" I whispered to Revali, teasing him. I saw how his face turned a bright pink before he started scolding me. I giggled at his reaction. I missed this so much.

Hey everyone, I would like to apologize for the late chapter. I wasn't feeling it very much today and kept procrastinating. I would also like to apologize for making half of the chapter in Zelda's POV, I honestly just needed a filler. Also, yes I added a part of the DLC pack in this chapter dont judge me.

Art belongs to HeavyMetalHanzo on DeviantArt

1211 Words