You're Alive?!

Link's POV

My eyes opened heavily. The light of the room I was in quickly hit me, causing me to squint. I eventually got used to the light and immediately recognized where I was. Impa's house. I sat up and looked around. Nobody is here?

I got myself dressed and went downstairs. "Link, I'm glad to see you awake!" Impa said in her raspy, elderly voice. I turned around to see her in her usual spot. "The others went out to help rebuild Hyrule." She smiled.

Others? All I could remember was saving Zelda before I blacked out. "They should be back soon, since they left so long ago." I nodded. Even though I had no clue who the others were. I guess I just assumed they were villagers who helped Zelda get me here.

I decided to go outside. I paused for a moment as I stepped outside of the house, getting a breath of fresh air. "L-Link! You're okay!" Paya stopped scrubbing the floor and stood up. For some reason, I had forgotten how short I was and was immediately intimidated by her height.

She chuckled nervously, wiping a tear from her eye. "W-well..I got this for you.." She held out an item, which I immediately recognized as a sapphire. I accepted the gift and smiled, causing her to smile as well. "Well...I-I better get back to cleaning.." She sounded disappointed as she crouched back down, continuing to scrub the floor.

I climbed up a trail that led to the Fairy Fountain, stopping halfway through. I sat down on the ledge, letting my feet dangle. I had always enjoyed this view, and I often came here when I felt blue. I sighed and closed my eyes, listening to the birds sing.

Revali's POV

I was silent as we walked back to the village. I couldn't take my mind off Link. I really hope he's awake.. I thought, starting to trail behind. "HEY, REVALI! WHY SO SLOW?" Daruk turned around, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Worried about Link?" Urbosa teased, causing Zelda to giggle.

"What! No! I would never be worried about him!" I crossed my arms and looked away stubbornly. "Revali, it's okay to be worried about him." Zelda reassured. "I AM NOT WORRIED!" I shouted back, catching up with the group as they giggled.

By the time we arrived, the sun was already setting. We all decided it would be best to head back into Impa's house for the night. I was overjoyed when I saw Link wasn't in his bed.

While the others were distracted, I slipped outside. I will find Link. I used my gale to lift myself up into the sky. I immediately spotted Link sitting on a ledge slightly above the village. He looked so calm. His hair flowed along with the breeze. I blushed slightly at the sight before diving next to him.

I softly landed on my feet, about a foot away from him. I slowly approached him. Once I got close enough, I quickly put my wings on his shoulders and shouted: "BOO!" I laughed as the cute blonde jumped, nearly falling off the ledge.

He rubbed his eyes, looking at me. The way he looked at me made my feathers fluff up. I stopped laughing and sat beside him. I watched as he opened his mouth, like he was gonna say something. I knew he wanted to speak, but couldn't. I watched as his eyes filled up with tears and before I knew it, he was hugging me.

I had never seen him cry like this before. Usually, his face is like a stone. I wrapped my wings around him and let him cry into my chest. "Yeah..I missed you too, bud." I rested my head on his, closing my eyes as he quietly sobbed.

A few minutes passed and he broke the hug, wiping his tears away. I turned to look at the view, and was amazed. I never expected Kakariko Village to be so beautiful at night. "The village is beautiful, no wonder you used to come here all the time." Link chuckled, turning to watch the view as well. I could listen to him laugh all day.

Suddenly, I felt something lean on my shoulder. I looked over to see Link, who was still wide awake. I blushed at the sight.

Link's POV

"BOO!" A familiar voice shouted. I jumped, nearly falling off the ledge but catching myself before I could. I turned around to see Revali...Wait, Revali? I thought he was dead! I stared at him, trying to process if this was real or not. I watched as his feathers seemed to fluff up, and he immediately stopped laughing. He sat next to me and stared.

I could feel tears rise in my eyes. Without thinking, i hugged him and started sobbing. I was surprised when I felt him wrap his wings around me. "Yeah..I missed you too, bud." His voice was relaxing. I didn't know why he hadn't pushed me off of him yet. I felt his head rest on mine, making me blush a deeper red as I continued to sob. I thought I would never see him again.

A couple minutes passed and I pulled away from the hug, wiping a tear. Revali smiled and turned to look at the view. "The village is beautiful, no wonder you used to come here all the time." He continued to stare at the view. I started to giggle. I looked back at the village. He's right, it is beautiful. I then rested my head on his shoulder, expecting him to shove me off, but to my surprise he didn't.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes when suddenly I perked up. Wait, if Revali is here then that means... I quickly got up, Revali looked up at me, confused. I quickly walked- no, ran to Impa's house. I could hear Revali call after me, but I ignored him surprisingly.

I entered Impa's house and stormed up the stairs, Revali following behind me. I arrived at the second floor. My eyes scanned the room, and there they were. The Champions- No, my friends, in all their glory.

"LITTLE GUY!" Daruk dragged me over to the rest of the group. "Link, how are you feeling?" Mipha said in her soft, caring voice. I smiled in return. Suddenly, I felt myself being forced into a giant hug, Daruk's signature move. For some reason, he loved to scoop us up into one giant group hug. But none of us ever seemed to mind, even Revali grew fond of it, even if he didn't want to admit.

"Well, I suppose we should all get to bed. We have a long day of rebuilding Hyrule tomorrow." Zelda broke free from the hug. Daruk let everyone go and nodded. We all got comfortable in our beds, and drifted to sleep.

Hey guys, thats the end of this chapter! I knew I didn't show many Revali x Link moments for the past few chapters, so take this as a treat!

(PS: Link is 5'0 in this story LOL)

Art belongs to @persikkaposket on Twitter!

1203 Words