Chapter 42

I smirked as I reread the conversation. "Babe, who are you texting?" Ein asked. "Worried I'm texting a boy~?" I teased. "N-No!" It was obvious he was blushing with his tone. "Well, I am texting a boy." I said. Ein jumped up, his face full of surprise. "You're cheating on me?!" he yelled. I laughed. "No silly. I'm texting my brother. He wanted to know what I was doing on New Years." I informed him. Ein stared at me. "Well that was an unnecessary shock." he said. I giggled. "You're cute when you're jealous." I said. He blushed. I jumped off the counter and kissed his cheek. He smirked. "You missed." he said. He pulled me into a passionate kiss. On the lips of course. When I pulled away, Ein was still smirking. "You are a crazy cute werewolf." I said. "I'm just crazy over you~" Ein said. I stare at him. "What?"

"You're acting weird. First you think I'm cheating on you, which I would never do, and second you're flirting with me, and you never flirt." I said. "Do you want me to stop flirting?" Ein asked. "It's cute, but weird coming from you. So yes please." Ein's shoulder slump. "Sorry for acting weird." he said. "It's okay. I love you anyway." Ein smiled. "Oh yeah! I remember on the first day of school you said you hate flirty boys!" Ein said. I nodded. "No more flirting for me!" Ein said. I laughed. "I won't hate you if you flirt. Just don't do it too often." I told him. Ein pulled out his phone and tapped on it for a little bit. Then he looked at me. "Eli, did it hurt?" he asked. I was confused. "When?"

"When you fell from heaven." I laughed and leaned against the counter. "You know I'm trash right? So can you take me out?" he said. I laughed harder. "Do your paw-I mean feet hurt, because you've been running through my mind all day." I tried to stay standing, but it was hard. Ein was grinning. "Since chocolate is toxic for me, how about a little sugar?" I fell to the floor laughing. "You're wearing some nice-oh that's a bad one." I slowly controlled myself. "Thanks for the laugh." I said. Ein smiled down at me. "No problem." he said. He offered his hand, and I grabbed it. He pulled me up and kissed my cheek. "Maybe I should do that more often." he whispered. I giggled. "No you shouldn't." I told him. "Then how can I get you to laugh?" He pulled me into his chest and rested his head on mine, his breath tickling my ears. "You could look up 'How to make your girlfriend laugh' online." I said. He chuckled. "I have something in mind." he said. Crystal jumped on my legs, whining. "I think we should go out." Ein told me. "Because I don't want to clean up puppy sh-"

"Ein!" I interrupted him. "No swearing around Crystal!" I said. Ein laughed. "Why not?" he asked. I pulled myself out of Ein's grip and reached down to pet our adorable puppy. "She's too young!" I said. Ein laughed again and rubbed my ears. Thump thump thump. My tail hit the cupboards below the counter repeatedly. "You like that?" Ein asked. "Maybe." I said quietly. Ein smiled. "Can I do this often?" Ein asked. I nodded and sat down on the floor. Ein knelt down to keep petting me. It's kind of like a chain. Me petting Crystal, and Ein petting me. Crystal stood on her hind legs and put her front paws on my lap. I stopped petting her and turned around to look at Ein. He was still petting me. "Your ears are soft." he told me. I blushed lightly and reached up to touch his ears. "Yours are too." I said. He smiled. "But Crystal's ears are the softest." I said, smirking. Ein glanced at the puppy. "I think your ears are softer than hers." he said. I giggled. "No way. Crystal is much softer."

"I have to disagree with that." I shrugged and turned back around to pet Crystal. "I guess everyone has their own opinions." I said. Ein grabbed my tail just after I said that. I yelped. "Ein!" I spun around. "Yup, you are definitely softer than Crystal." he said smirking. My face felt like it was burning up. I curled my tail around my waist and held it tightly. "I think I know a good way to scare you now." Ein said. I whined. Ein hugged me. "I'm sorry babe. I didn't know you scare that easily." he apologized. "It's okay. Just don't touch my tail without me knowing." I said. "Can I touch it now?" he asked. I laughed and said he could. He gently grabbed my tail. "So soft..." he sighed, stroking it. I laughed. "It's not that soft." I said. "Oh you don't know..." he said, resting his head on mine. I reached around him and carefully touched his tail. He jumped slightly. "Your tail is soft." I said. "You guys and your tail-touching." a voice came from the doorway. Our heads snapped towards the voice. Katelyn was standing there, staring at us. "How did you find us?!" I yelled. "Oh, I saw you and that dog coming in here yesterday. So I thought I would pay you a visit." she said. Ein growled. "How many people are going to find us here?" he muttered. "So...why are you petting each other's tails?" Katelyn asked us. I glared at her. "Okay, what is your guy's problem? Is no one but you two welcome here?" Katelyn asked. "No, no one is welcome here." I told her. "Oh my Irene I'm sorry. I didn't realize why Kawaii~Chan refused to tell anyone where you guys lived! I'll just leave." She awkwardly walked out. "Eli, what are we going to do? People keep finding us." Ein asked, leaning on the counter, holding his head in one hand, as if he had a headache. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Babe, it's okay. We just have to be more careful when we leave or come back." I told him. "It's just...really stressful. What if someone sees us, and tells the person who owns this place. They might force us to leave, and I would lose my home and my place where I can be with you!" Ein sighed. "Ein, the person who owns this place cares that we live here, don't you think they would have come back by now? We've been here for a while, and no one has come except for our friends." Ein looked up at me. "I'm glad I have you." he said. I smiled and hugged him. "I wouldn't be here without you." he said and yawned. I took hold of his hand and led into the bedroom, pushing him down on the bed. "I'm not *yawn* tired." he mumbled, trying to keep his eyes open. "Oh really?" I said, and sat down next to him. "I'm not..." he mumbled. I gently stroked his hair, and after five minutes he was fast asleep. "I love you so much." I whispered, laying down next to him.