Chapter III

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈

Boyfriend Troubles
——————

"Hey, guys" April shouted from the lairs entrance gaining the brothers attention.

"Hey, dude." Mikey shouted from in front of the tv, game controller in hand.

"How was school?" Leo asked from the couch reading a comic.

April wandered in further and dropped her bag by her feet as she sat between the blue and red masked turtles before explaining.

"It was alright, I guess, I did get homework yesterday, though." She explained fishing threw her bag for the papers. "That's why I'm here actually." She muttered.

Just before Raph could question her logic of the situation he figured it out as soon as his brainy brother wondered in; his eyes lighting up like Christmas lights when his eyes landed on his "girlfriend" sitting beside two of his brothers.

"April, I wasn't expecting you to visit today!" He shouted excitedly, nearly tripping over his own feet running over to the couch.

"Sorry, I forgot to text." She replied still looking for the papers. "I was wondering if I could get some help with science; my teacher already started giving out homework."

"But wasn't yesterday your first day back?" He asked pulling out his phone to triple check the date, however, before he could April pulled out the "oh so important" assignment.

"Crazy, I know, but that teacher is just insane." She stated, slight irritation seeping threw.

"I-I'm sure she's not all bad." Donnie nervously tried to reason with her and in return got an 'are you crazy' look, so, he tried something else.

"How about I take this off your hands and you relax?" He asked taking the schoolwork from her. "I should have it done for you in just a few minutes."

April didn't have time to say anything before he left the room, nothing about how she would rather do the work herself with his guidance every now and then; or how the work could wait and the fact she'd rather hang out with all the brothers till she had to go home.

He was gone before anyone could even blink and that left the girl to sigh and slump over, she never expected that having a boyfriend would be this hard; especially when that boyfriend was someone she didn't have real romantic emotions for.

"You good?" Raph asked looking up from his comic, confused by his acquaintances behaviour.

He just got hit with a mumbled "don't worry about it" and dropped the subject to watch Mikey play Mario Cart by himself.

A few minutes had passed; a nice few minutes with the soft sounds of pushed buttons or flipping pages.

That minute ended soon after the group of teens started to enjoy the quiet and surreal feeling of normalcy; and when the turtle genius re-emerged from his lab with the school work in hand.

"You're definitely gonna get outstanding marks for this." He chuckled with a prideful smile adorning his face.

"Awesome, thanks." April replied with less enthusiasm and a sigh as she sat up from the couch to receive her work.