Chapter XIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐗

Good Changes
——————

James felt the best he has in awhile—and not just because it was a Saturday; though it did help a significant amount.

Thundering music played threw the boys bedroom as said boy danced around, still dressed in his pyjamas, the music was loud enough to hear it threw his apartment and if anyone else could hear it from outside his home no one came to complain about it.

The music that was playing was mostly emotion filled yet up beat; which, in James' opinion, was the best music to dance to.

The only thing that could make him stop his movements would be the sound of his living room window opening and a familiar call out of his name.

He rushed out of the bedroom—the music now flooding the living room as he didn't bother to close the door.

When he saw the turtle standing in the middle of the room he didn't stop his movements; instead he ran up to the mutant and jumped into his chest with open arms that rapping around his neck.

It would have pulled Donnie down if he didn't have the same reflexes as someone who hasn't been taught ninjitsu his whole life, the only real disadvantage he had was the fact that his attention was more on waving to the normal turtle basking on a fake rock threw the glass at the time before the sneak attack.

"Someone's happy, what happened?" Donnie asked with a little chuckle as he trapped James with his arms around his torso.

"I don't know!" James was laughing and ready to jump around the room as soon as his friend let him go—which didn't take to long. "I woke up at eleven and cleaned the living room, my bedroom, sorted my yarn stash and started a new project—I really should be burnt out but I'm not and I don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight—why are you looking at me like that?"

Donatello was looking at the human with shock. "You changed your hair..." He's only just noticed the hair cut and new colour—how he didn't notice the bright red immediately may have been the "surprise attack" but no one can ever be too sure.

"Oh, yeah! Charlotte came by last night and helped with it; I figured it was time for a change, do ya' like it?"

He had no words and if he did they were stuck in his throat; that much was clear by his expression, so, he nodded silently with his mouth partially open in case any words just so happened to want to spill out.

"Your hair looks really nice like that."

"Thank you, I also have blue though—ya' know, I'm case I wanna try purple instead—but if you like it I guess I should keep it for a while." James smiled widely as he hopped around on his toes.

It was like a light was coming from the human boy that Donnie couldn't look away from, it was really weird for the turtle who hasn't had these thoughts before; he's just now noticing the littlest things—like the one freckle just beside the boys left eye that would usually be covered by his glasses and the one crooked tooth just left of the centre ones.

"You gotta' come see my room now, it's organized!" James took Donatello by his hand, which snapped him out of his thoughts, and lead him to the door that a different song was playing through.