Chapter XV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐕

Heck-en' Schoolwork
——————

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘉𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘺! 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺-𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴?" James' voice came from the speakers of Donatello's T-phone in an oddly sickeningly sweet tone.

The turtle—only having just been woken up—was confused by the context of the question and checked the time as he answered.

"The act of throwing someone out a window?" He answered groggily and slow, his eyes hurt from just being open. "Why?"

"𝘈𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘌𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳!"

Okay, Donnie was now awake.

"Whoa, what do you mean? Let's not do anything too drastic." Donnie sat up from his bed and hastily started putting his gear on—aside from his wrappings that would have taken ages.

He heard a sigh as well as some clicks from a keyboard, "𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥." James stated, from the sound of it he laid down and put the phone on speaker.

Donnie did the same as he moved around his room. "How about I come over and you can take a break from your schoolwork, we could watch a movie or something, if you'd like?" That proposition sounded all too familiar to the turtle.

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘐'𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵..." Donnie could hear more rustling and bare feet on wooden floors. "𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨?"

"That's a good question, how about you choose." Donnie was just happy his friend agreed to hang out.

"𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦; 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?"

That sounded divine to the mutant.

James watched the clock and saw that Donnie was a already a minute late then when he said he'd be there; not that James minded much—the sun only just started setting after all.

It just gave him more time to set up the many blankets and countless soft pillows on the ugly, but comfortable, green couch anyway.

After the mutant reptile was officially three minutes and forty seconds late a tapping came from the window; and it only took a moment more for James to welcome Donnie into the room with a kind greeting and metaphorical open arms.

"Thank you so much for suggesting this, I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't." James was being completely serious.