Chapter V

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕

Stalkers
——————

"How was school?" Charlotte asked threw the boys phone.

Usually she would ask that when she picked him up; but today she was too busy with other work to do that, so she called to ask instead.

"It was alright." He replied closing his locker with a surprisingly loud slam and slipping the lock into it. "Nothing major to report."

James started to walk away; not quite caring about the two people tailing him.

"Sorry that I couldn't pick you up, again, I'll ask if I can get off early tomorrow." Charlotte purposed but got shot down rather quickly.

"Don't bother, I don't mind walking that much." James stopped at a crosswalk and pushed the button. "Kinda peaceful, actually."

A soft sigh came from the other end; not one of disappointment but relief.

"I'm glad you're adjusting." Charlotte muttered, almost not being heard.

A silence over took the call till a new voice was heard on the other end.

"I gotta get back to work, text me when you get home." She said not hanging up till James responded.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." James stated pulling the phone away from his ear right as the walk sign lit up across the street.

James would have put in his earbuds but he decided against it and just kept walking, not really minding the stalkers following him; he knew they wouldn't do anything but follow—and even if they did end up jumping him he wouldn't care; it's not like he had anything of monitory value to take.

When he made it to his apartment building he turned around to confront his stalkers but when he turned there was no one there, so with an annoyed sigh he called out.

"You know, yellow is not a good colour to wear when you wanna sneak up on a person." When no one answered or showed themself he became more annoyed.

"At least your friend wore black." He said a little quicker then the last time.

Not wasting another minute he went into the building to hopefully get some time to relax before some idiots break into his house.

In the alleyway next to the building April and Casey leaned against the wall looking at each other with nervousness.

"How did he know we were there?" Casey whispered. "I mean, you I understand but me? I'm inconspicuous!"

April looked at him unamused. "You don't even know what inconspicuous means." She muttered pushing off the wall to get to the manhole. "Now that we know where he lives we should tell the guys, they could spy on him or something."

"Sounds good." Casey agreed lifting the cover and letting April hop down first before following her.

The two made small talk on the way to the lair; which was a ten minute walk away, when the two entered the underground home they didn't find anyone in the main room but heard them in the dojo.