Chapter XX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗

Good Morning, Sleepyhead
——————

When Donnie woke up he felt oddly refreshed; as far as he knew he only had an hour nap but when he checked the old digital clock sitting at the head of the bed he saw that it was actually ten at night.

When he could properly comprehend the time he panicked, he was going to sit up and start collecting his things but a weight around him made him stop.

He looked and saw James curled up into his side with an arm around his midsection; Donatello didn't notice at first but eventually saw the shorter boys other hand just sticking threw the small space between them which didn't look too comfortable and probably made his hand go numb.

The human was still asleep and looked more peaceful then the turtles ever seen him, Donnie put an arm around the boy almost instinctively and pulled him just a little closer.

Donnie knew that was a mistake as soon as he did it because as soon as he put pressure on James he started shifting with his face contorting into one of either annoyance or anger.

Panicking, Donnie hastily closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep; he didn't know why he did this, maybe to avoid the inevitable awkwardness of waking up next to your friend that you have been unconsciously cuddling for hours.

When James gained slight awareness he took in the semi-hard feeling under his head and knew that it wasn't normal, and when he lifted his head and opened his eyes to see the mutant turtle under him; he only smiled down at the "still sleeping" figure.

Now, normally he's super affectionate to whatever he can get his hands on whenever he wakes up—meaning he'd hug and nuzzle up to a random pillow or stuffed animal that just so happened to be in his arms; or even kiss it if he was feeling extra clingy in the moment—but he figured that he probably shouldn't this time for obvious reasons.

James untangled himself from his friends arms and legs to make something for the two of them for breakfast when Donnie woke up, which came to be the moment the bedroom door opened and closed again.

Donatello let out a shaky sigh and relaxed each one of his muscles, he didn't know why he was so worried about waking up next to the human boy; maybe it was because April might find out somehow and flip her lid?

That didn't matter right now though, as soon as Don had calmed down just enough he picked up his phone off of the shelf where he left it and noticed it had been plugged in and fully charged.

He checked and saw that he had seven texts from Mikey who appeared to be in distress.

𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗘!!! 10:04pm

𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗥 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘!!! 10:04pm

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗨 𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘!??!!? 10:05pm

𝗚𝗥𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗬𝗔𝗛𝗙𝗔𝗙𝗦𝗝𝗚𝗦!!!!!!! 10:12pm

𝗞 𝗜 𝗯𝗼𝘁 𝘂 𝘀𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 :𝗗 10:47pm

𝗨 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗷𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗻𝘁 𝗻𝗼 𝘄𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸!!! 12:46am