𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

𝕏𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕖

"It's parents' day Thursday," Ovia sighed.

I smiled. "At least my father doesn't come to these types of things." 

She frowned lightly while she swung her legs back and forth as she sat on one of the tables in the greenhouse. "Why not?" she asked.

"He always claims he's too busy, but he actually, really just doesn't care at all," I explained. I saw her still a bit puzzled. "Since my mom died and his business took off just after that, he started caring less about me. He barely cares at all lately. I'm not surprised." 

She nodded slowly, even though I knew she was still confused. I just chuckled, stepping forward, before placing a kiss down on her forehead. She smiled softly. When I stood back, she zoned out, again. 

"Did you and Ajax talk yet?" 

She looked at me, yet didn't say a word. I wasn't sure if she was thinking of still zoned out or just didn't have a reply. Then she sighed. 

"No," she said, shaking her head as she looked at her fidgeting fingers. "He's still ignoring me. Won't answer my texts, or calls. Enid says he doesn't want anything to do with me."

"He hasn't even talked about what happened that night?" 

She shook her head. "Nothing." 

I sighed. Suddenly my phone chimed, and when I looked, it was a message from one of the last years telling me that our housefather was doing rounds in an hour, and I had to hide my cigarettes. I looked at Ovia. 

I didn't want to leave her, yet, but I knew I had to. So, I came up with a stupid small plan that ought to work. 

"Meet me here at nine."

She frowned. "But it's a school night, Xav. We could get into serious-"

"Please," I asked, taking her hand. 

Ovia sighed, a small smile appearing on her lips. "Fine, fine. Why?"

"Because I want to show you something. Also, because I have to go hide my cigarettes. Housefather is doing rounds in an hour. But nine, remember!" 

I planted a kiss on her head, before making my way out of the greenhouse, my lips smiling brighter than ever before. 

When I reached the top of the dormitory stairs, Ajax closed his room door. He looked at me in (still) disgust, before walking past me. I sighed. 

"Don't take this out on her." 

He frowned, turning to face me. "What?"

"I asked her to keep what we had from you," I admitted. "She wanted to tell you, but I asked her not to. I was scared of what you'd think." 

He looked at me wordless. I just simply faced forward again and walked to my room. 

If he was going to be a shithead, he had to be one with me, not her. It wasn't her fault. It was mine.

~

Nine pm. didn't come quick enough. Dinner passed too slow. Yet, once it passed, I jumped through the shower and straight into a jean, shirt, and a hoodie. Part of me hoped she was going to forget her jacket, another part hoped she'd remember hers. Yet, I knew there was a jacket where I was taking her. 

I think I was too quick, because quarter to nine, I was already waiting for her in front of the greenhouse, yet I knew I'd be waiting a while. But she wasn't too long. Ten to nine, she appeared beside me in cute boots and a short floral dark green dress.