PROLOGUE: Jophiel

I bit down on my chocolate bar and sighed as I looked over the beautiful city of New York. Everything looked so bubbly and dazzling from up here, the buildings, and the people; even though they looked tiny, were all so beautiful.

And falling to your death in a place as beautiful as this, where people are so wrapped up in their thoughts they wouldn't spare your corpse two glances was absolute bliss.

I looked at my chocolate bar and the corners of my lips tugged up in a smile. Just a few more bites and I'd jump. I took another bite and kept looking around while my feet dangled excitedly; soon it'll all be over.

My miserable life will come to an end in just a few minutes, and I'll finally be at peace.

"Can I have a bite of your chocolate?" Someone asked from beside me and I yelped. I turned to my side with my eyes widened, and a beautiful man sat beside me; a smile on his face, with his hand, stretched before him. A blinding light surrounded him and for a moment I thought I would be blinded by it, but my eyes soon adjusted to the light, and this time I was astonished by his beauty.

I slowly trailed my eyes from his face down to his outstretched hand, and I couldn't help but frown at the scar on his hand. "Should I ask again?" He asked in a gentle voice and I immediately looked back up at him.

"Umm.. no?" I whispered and dumped the remaining chocolate in his hand. I made to scoot away but on second thought I paused. I plan on dying anyway so what's the point of being afraid? I glanced at him again, and he was still looking at me with a smile on his face. I quickly cleared my throat and looked away. He doesn't look dangerous so there's no need to be afraid.

We both sat in silence for a few moments before I clenched tightly the edge of the parapet we sat on and took a deep breath. "Why are you here and who are you?" I finally asked and glanced at him, expecting him to be smiling at me, but this time he was looking straight ahead.

"This is a beautiful city," he said and I nodded, "one day you will own one of these buildings, won't you?" I breathed out a laugh at his question and shook my head.

"No, I won't," I said and waited for him to ask me why, but when a few seconds passed and he didn't. I decided to go ahead and tell him why. "I plan on killing myself today. I'm going to jump very soon but you are here and I don't want to traumatize anyone, so please do me a favor and leave. Please" my voice cracked a little as I spoke and I gripped the edge even tighter.

I waited for him to make a move or get panicky at my response, but he sat perfectly calm staring right ahead. "Would you not do that, if I tell you that someone died so you could be alive right now?" My eyes slowly widened at his question, "he died without thinking twice because he wants you to be alive right now. He wants you to know him and all the good things that he planned for you to achieve and do for this world. So would you live or die knowing that someone died for you?" He asked and turned to me with a smile

I gulped and shook my head vehemently, that's not possible. There's no way anyone would willingly die, for me. "His name is Yeshua. Some call him Messiah, Saviour, Jesus Christ, and all those are his names. But he wants you to know him as Yeshua" he said and I couldn't help the disappointment that washed over me.

"You're one of those preachers," I said with an air of disappointment and shook my head, "thank you but no, there's no way something that happened years ago is still relevant now."

To think I almost bought that.

"Is this enough proof, Jophiel?" He asked in such a tender voice I felt warmth engulf my entire being. I looked down at his outstretched palms and there it was; the scars of nails, and my eyes widened."It happened years ago, so you can access it today, Jophiel. I don't love you any less than I did 100 of years ago, you matter to me, Jophiel and I love you"