EPILOGUE

A month and a half later

"Listen up, esteemed members of the student council" Zadkiel announced as he walked into the office. Jophiel and Ruth dropped the files they were going through and gave him their undivided attention.

They had been shocked when he walked up to them a month ago with the offer to become his vice-president and secretary respectively. They had both refused, especially Ruth, who in no way wanted to take Gabriel's position.

"I don't know what this is about but I don't want his position" Those were her exact words until Zadkiel explained everything to them. Yet it took them over a week to agree.

"Okay big boss, we don't have all the time in the world. School is over, but we can't leave till all these" Ruth motioned to the stack of files that they had to go over, "is done, so hurry up! Please, we want to go home" she motioned between her and Jophiel, who Ruth's parents wholeheartedly agreed to take into the family.

Zadkiel rolled his eyes dramatically and dragged Jophiel closer to him. "Just come home with me instead, we can get married and we'd live together. It's so much better" Ruth's mouth dropped open and she immediately dragged Jophiel away.

"She agreed to be your girlfriend a week ago and now you want to take my sister away to marry you? Did I agree to that? Our parents haven't agreed yet, and oh you sly president" she wagged her fingers in his face while he held in an amused smile, "you want to take my Jophy away and keep her all to yourself. Sorry, it is not happening...yet"

"Stop shortening her beautiful name!"

"You can't tell me what to do with my sister's name"

They both immediately turned to Jophiel, and in unison, they asked, "What do you think?!" She breathed out a laugh and gently shook her head. Ever since they started working, she had watched the both of them bicker back and forth now and then, but this time around, it was different.

She was the sister to one and a girlfriend to another. When Ruth brought up the idea and told her she already discussed it with her parents and they were okay with it, she vehemently disagreed. Ruth had done more than enough for her, and she couldn't take any more from her but when Ruth reminded her that she had no place to go, she agreed to meet her parents.

They had met at Ruth's place, which screamed grandeur, but that was not what changed her mind. It was the way they all instantly fell in love with each other at their first meeting, everything felt so natural. She clicked instantly with them, especially the mother and she had no doubts Yeshua had found her a home. And when she broke the news to Ruth the next day, that she was ready, they both cried.

She blinked away the tears that brimmed in her eyes at the memory. "You shouldn't fight with your sister's boyfriend so often, you know" Ruth rolled her eyes dramatically and she chuckled.

She had agreed to be Zadkiel's girlfriend the same night she found a family. They never went on their date till that very night because of exams. When they finally did, Zadkiel as always exceeded her imagination.

He had set up a classy dinner in the school garden. He had told her about all the memories they'd made in there and how much he wanted to make more beautiful memories, more beautiful than the garden and more enchanting than the waterfall, "all because I love you, Jophiel. I want us to go through life together, grow together, love Abba together, worship Him together, achieve goals together. So, dearest, Jophiel" he had gotten on one knee with a promise ring, "this is a promise ring. I want to be your boyfriend, Jophiel. Would you let me be your boyfriend?" Tears sprang to her eyes as she excitedly bobbed her head.

He had bought another matching ring which she put on him with the agreement to be his girlfriend. "I guess I can finally kiss you now?" She breathed out a simple yes and he softly placed his lips on hers, and to date, she could still remember the soft feeling and movement of his lips against hers.

"She's definitely thinking about the kiss" Jophiel immediately snapped out of her thoughts at the mention of that, only to see Ruth and Zadkiel, standing together with their hands on their chins analysing her.

She immediately pouted and crossed her arms over her chest, "I think I liked it better when you two were bickering like 5 years olds" They both burst into laughter and walked over to her.

"I'm sure you wouldn't like it so much after you hear Gabriel and Josephine bicker for a week" The two girls' eyes immediately widened when he presented the tickets to them. "3 tickets to Nigeria. My dad booked it for us, we get to see them in 2 weeks! So pack your bags right, I heard it's very hot there"

Jophiel squealed in excitement, but Ruth couldn't bring herself to smile. Her heart had dropped to her stomach at the news and she felt a burden in her chest. She couldn't tell if it was out of excitement that Abba's promise to her, that she'd see Gabriel again, or out of the fear that what he told her might not have been a figment of her imagination.

"Ruth? What's wrong?" Jophiel asked when she noticed her friend's foul mood, but Ruth immediately covered it up with a smile.

"Don't mind me, I was overwhelmed with the news. I get to see him again, huh?" Zadkiel immediately let out a breath of relief.

"I thought that was because you saw the third-class ticket that was for you" he chuckled when he saw the looks on their faces. "I'm joking, they are all first class. And feel free to leave the files, Miss Gloria said we can handle them next session. It's time to go girls, we'd meet up again in 2 weeks and head to Nigeria!"

"Woo-hoo!" The girls clapped their hands excitedly, closed the files they were going through earlier and rushed out of the office, but Zadkiel immediately held Jophiel back.

"You can't leave without a hug or a kiss. We won't see each other for 2 weeks" he pouted. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head against his shoulders. He wrapped his hands around her lower back and they both stayed in each other's embrace.

"See you in two weeks, love" Jophiel whispered as they pulled away from each other. He rubbed her cheeks softly with his thumbs before he proceeded to place kisses all over her face.

"See you in two weeks, my beautiful Jophiel"

                                  = THE END =

You guysss!😭 It's over.
I feel emotional rn and I've never felt emotional when any of my books end.
I'm really glad to have started and ended this journey with y'all.

Thank you, guys, so much for your support.
I have so much to say so check the next chapter.

For the meanwhile
Keep Voting
Commenting, and
Sharing

I love you all