FIVE: Zadkiel

We all walked into the office together and I immediately slumped on my chair, "what do we have to do for today?" I asked with my eyes closed, expecting a response but none came. "Josephine, Gabriel, what do we have to go for today?" I  asked again and slowly opened my eyes; only to see them staring at me with smirks on their faces.

I groaned when I realized what that meant and I shook my head vehemently. I had successfully ignored them and their theories when classes were on, but now that I'm alone with them; there's no escaping.

"I'm not in the mood to entertain your theories, let's get to work," I said with a stoic look on my face. Trying to pull the serious president card, but they just glanced at each other then turned back to me and scoffed.

"That's not going to work on us, Zadkiel!" They chorused and I sighed. They were annoying on a normal basis, but when they begin that twin telepathy nonsense, they get on a whole new level of annoyance.

"We want answers and we want them now" they chanted together and I slowly massaged my temples. I thought I could tolerate them out of everyone else in this school. How wrong I was.

I glared at the both of them, hoping it would faze them and they'd cut it out, but all they did was close their eyes. According to them, my glares don't work if they can't see it. "How did I end up becoming friends with you guys?" They cackled and slowly opened their eyes, "and worst of all, how did I end up working with you guys?"

"Well, it began in the year 2020 when....."

"If you don't shut up right now, I'm going to seal your mouth for eternity. Try me" Josephine said calmly and Gabriel immediately snapped his mouth shut. "Now, Zadkiel are you going to start talking, or should I make you?" She asked and I sighed. Josephine was scary and it takes a lot from me not to let her scare me.

I sighed again and palmed my face before I bobbed my head. "What do you guys want to know? What are your theories?" I asked and instantly regretted it when I saw their lips curl up in a wicked smirk as they glanced at each other.

"Well well, first things first; our biggest theory is that you have a crush on her," Gabriel said and I stared at him the way I stare at superhero movies; with disinterest.

"On a normal day, Gabe, you are dumb but on days like this when you say that kind of stuff, I begin to wonder how you pass with the best grades in this school," I said and he gasped dramatically. He placed his hand on his chest and began breathing heavily, "there it is, dumbness" I blurted out and his eyes widened dramatically.

"How- how-" he was still putting up with his shenanigans when Josephine smacked the back of his head.

"Theory number two; there seems to be something going on between the two of you that we don't know about" a small smile played at the corners of my lips at her assumption. Trust Josephine to be a step close to the truth all the time.

I was about to give her my responses when a knock came on the door, and we all glanced at each other in surprise. No one comes to the student council room, ever. I cleared my throat and stared at the door when the knock came again, "who is there?"

"It's Jophiel" my eyes immediately diverted to the clock and it was already 5 pm. How could I have forgotten? I slowly turned to the two people I call my friends and they both were staring at me with creepy smiles on their faces while wiggling their brows.

"Cut it out" I sneered and they immediately stopped. "Come in, Jophiel" the door creaked open the next second and Jophiel walked in, holding a note and a Bible.

A look of surprise crossed her face when she saw the other two seated but she immediately covered it up with a smile, "hello Gabriel and Vice president" she greeted and they both waved at her