|𝟭|~𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻 ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Darkness.."

A young man floats, his body submerged in icy water, a long branch clutched between his slender fingers.

"That's the first thing I remember. It was dark..and it was cold..and I was scared.."

His eyes open, frost sticking between his eyelashes, his face was pale, a sickly pale, while his hair slowly turned from a soft brown to a blinding white.

"..then I saw the moon.."

The ice crackles as the boy slowly emerges, a cloak draped comfortably around his frame.

"It was so big and it was so bright. It seemed to chase the darkness away."

He gasps as he was raised from the water, his breath visible with each panting breath he breathed out.

He blinked rapidly as he stared up at the large moon in the sky.

"And when it did..I wasn't scared anymore.."

His body relaxed as he was gently lowered from the air onto his bare feet, the ice below him mending back together, like magic.

"Why I was there and what I was meant to do...that I've never known."

He looks down at his hands in confusion and before looking over his outfit, a small pout playing on his lips.

"..and a part of me wonders if I ever will.."

He looks up at the moon, his eyes glazing over. He yelps and chuckles as he slips, catching himself before he could fall.

He walks forward a few steps, gasping lightly as his foot taps a wooden object. He looks down at the shepherd's staff, tapping it with his foot once more.

A frost gathers where he touched, making him narrow his eyes in confusion before he leans down and grabs it.

He jolts back in slight fear as it lights up, dropping it on one side and making it release a beautiful frost pattern along the ice.

He looks down at the staff with a grin, and quickly decides to experiment. He slowly taps one of the trees with the end of the staff, making it frost over as he gently touches it with another smile.

He does the same to another tree, biting his lip before grinning and bouncing with a laugh of excitement.

He runs across the ice, dragging his staff behind him to create a beautiful frost. He grunts and laughs as he almost slips again, catching himself as he continues to run.