Part 5

Twenty minutes away in the minor family's compound, Pete stood in the back of Vegas' walk in closet the heat kit dangling from one hand as he stared into the open door of a room that sent his head spinning. In contrast to the light airy bedroom that seemed like an oasis away from the darkness of their world, this room glowed red and looked more like a dungeon from one of Khun Nu's noir films. On one side of the room stood a bank of computer screens which seemed perfectly normal, but the rest of the large room held a wrought iron bed covered in black satin, a large free standing mirror, chains hanging from ceiling, and a collection of items on display that even Pete didn't have the nerve to name as he looked at them

"What the hell is all this?" Pete murmured his eyes taking in the sadistic splendor with a mixture of awed, confused curiosity and slight apprehension.

"Oh, Pet," Vegas sighed from behind the shocked omega, "You weren't supposed to see all this."

Pete jerked at the seductive sound of Vegas' voice and turned around dropping the heat kit in his hand to the floor in surprise, "Khun, Vegas," he gasped.

"Look where you curiosity has taken you," Vegas breathed against Pete's face and for the first time in a long time, Pete wondered how he had gotten so unobservant because he legitimately couldn't figure how Vegas had gotten so close to him.

Before Pete could utter a word, Vegas had the omega on his back and shackled to the bed so quickly his head spun. He could feel a sense of trepidation well up in him with was counterintuitive to the opposing feeling of intrigue that trickled though his veins. But, what seemed to truly surprise him, however, was that for the first time in his life he actually felt his omega shift inside him. Later, Pete would describe that shift inside himself to feeling stretching out unused muscles after a really long sleep. As he lay there on his back dazed, his mind swirling in confusion trying to figure out what was happening in his own body, Pete heard and felt Vegas move away from the bed which jolted him back to reality all at once.

"You wait here while I go take the heat kit to Macau," Vegas told him as he walked back across the room and scooped up the box Pete dropped. "And don't you worry, I will be back."

As Vegas walked out of the room Pete struggled against the bed he was bound to feeling the satin beneath him shift against his bare skin. When had he taken off his jacket?

Pete thought back to when he had walked into Vegas' room. He hadn't even noticed his own behavior, how was that possible. Moving about the room, Pete had unconsciously removed both his jacket and his shirt leaving him bare from the waist up. What the hell?

Looking around the room, Pete took a deep breath in and felt his head spin. Why had he never noticed how incredible Vegas' scent was? The intoxicating mixture of cedar and clove that made up Vegas' natural alpha musk had always tickled the edges of Pete's senses, but down it invaded him completely overwhelming his mind and making his body flush with a strange anticipation that he didn't quite know what to do with.

"Get a grip, Pete. This is Khun Vegas, you're thinking about," Pete muttered to himself, "stop having stupid thoughts!"

He tested the cuffs around his wrists and was surprised by their strength. He struggled against the bonds hold him to the bed and felt the leather cuffs dig deliciously into his wrists. The feeling caused him to purr in delight which made no sense whatsoever. Something inside himself shifted once more expanding and unfurling.

"What am I even doing here?" He gasped and writhed against the cool satin below him.

"You're being punished, Pet," Vegas explained as he walked back into the shedding his shirt as he went before coming to sit beside Pete on the bed. Pete licked his lips unconsciously before glaring up at the alpha accusingly.