Part 16

Perhaps it was wishful thinking on Vegas' part that they would be completely free of his father after almost three years without incident and with very little contact. Yet, here he was sitting across the table from Kan Theerapanyakul and doing everything within his power not to reach across the gleaming mahogany expanse and throttle the self-important bastard. Vegas had hoped that with the unexpected passing of his uncle a week earlier, that Kan would remain where he was in his little kingdom in Singapore. Well, as the writer once said Hope springs eternal, so here was hoping that Kan would not be in town for long.

"I see that you have modernized my home quite a bit," Kan intoned in that condescending way that always managed to set Vegas' teeth on edge.

"Well," Vegas replied frostily, "we can't live in the stone age forever, father. Uncle did have quite a hand at organizing and managing the main estate. Since my marriage, Pete has taken up that mantle and we couldn't be more pleased with the result."

Kan sneered at the mention of his son-in-law. "Why even bother placing an omega in any position of prominence. They are bettered suited to the nursery where they belong."

Vegas' eyes narrowed, "I can assure you that neither my husband, nor your second born are better suited to the nursery. In fact, Macau when left to his own interests has managed to finish his undergraduate course of study in record time. He has not only improved our security both from a cyber security perspective, but also logistically and opened up several new revenue streams because he is such a gifted hacker—" Vegas leaned back in his chair to reach for the tablet sitting on a small stool behind him, "In fact, Macau is so brilliant he managed to drain two Swiss bank accounts kept by the Fans without so much as a single blip in their radar."

Barely able to keep his glee to himself, Vegas gloried in the twitching of Kan's jaw as his father clenched his teeth almost gnashing them in fury. It wasn't long into their conversation before the door opened behind them and and the sound of giggling shrieks echoed in the larger room with its gleaming hardwood floors and almost cavernous ceilings. Vegas had chosen to meet his father in this room on purpose as the older man refused for years to use the solarium since it had been his late mother's favorite room. Pete, to no surprise, had instantly fallen in love with the room and often took Milan there in the afternoon to play while he rested during his current pregnancy. Today, they were apparently hosting Honey and Venice as well if the sounds he heard clambering into the room were any indication.

Into the room scampered his daughter along with his niece, his nephew, and their favorite playmate carried against Arm's chest, the older toddlers dressed similarly in little green rompers as their guards followed after them looking slightly harried arms laden down with stuffed animals and toys. Not even taking notice of Kan, Milan dashed directly for her father and climbed into his lap with an air of authority that could only come from the being an alpha and the first heir of the second family. Once she was comfortable in her father's lap, Milan turned her wide dark eyes on the man sitting across from Vegas suspiciously.

"Daddy," Milan asked almost imperiously, "who is that?"

Vegas pressed a kiss to his daughter's soft little cheek before he replied, "This is your grandfather, sweetheart."

Milan shook her head decisively, "Grandpa lives on the island with Yai, we just visited, daddy, remember."

Kan was taken off guard by the eloquence of this little girl would couldn't be more than three, if that.

Before Vegas could reply, Pete answered from where he had stopped not far behind this husband seat, just out of eyesight. "You're right, love, Grandpa lives with Yai on Mama's island, but this is Daddy's father which makes him your Grandfather too."