Part 13

Part Thirteen

    The Theerapanyakul mansion was on red alert as Tankhun stormed down the hallway toward his father's office having just been informed about the introduction of the newest and youngest family member. His robe flew out behind him making him take on the appearance of giant fuchsia colored bat and body guards were scattering in his wake.

    "Where is my nephew!" He screeched equal parts wild and imperious, a quality that seemed to be reserved exclusively for him. Big sprinted down the hallway from the opposite direction, skidding to a stop in front of the incensed man.

    "Khun Nu, sir," Big panted, "Porsche and Kinn have taken the baby to their room while we sort out a sufficient nursery for him. He was just put down for a nap."

    "That hardly matters," the man snapped waving the catalog in his hand around like a weapon. "I need time to plan and coordinate, I have to interview nannies and oversee staff. Do you have any idea what goes into providing for an omega child? We will need heightened security measures, in-depth background checks—huff—This is my nephew we're talking about."

    Big nodded his head in submission, "Yes, sir, Khun Nu."  Tankhun pushed him out of his way and marched the rest of the way down the hall to Kinn's rooms where he—to the guards' surprise—let himself in silently tip-toeing into the room.

    Tankhun was greeted with the sight of Kinn standing in front of the open window with Venice cradled in his hands as if he were a most delicate porcelain figurine rather than his infant son. His heart was smitten in an instant at the sight of his gruff younger brother so enraptured by a baby.

    "It doesn't matter who your father was before today," Kinn murmured to the baby who slept as peacefully as he would have in some fancy bassinet. "You're my son, now. Everything here is as much yours as it would be if I fathered you myself. You're my son now. No one will take you away. No one will ever get close enough to hurt you as long as your daddy and I are breathing."

    "As long as I'm breathing," Tankhun declared from his place just inside the door. "No child of this family will ever get taken again, if I have anything to say about it," Tankhun actually growled, "of that you can be sure."

    Kinn turned from his place at the window to take in his brother's appearance. He smiled warmly at Tankhun, raising up Venice so that his brother could get a better look.

    "You're late," Kinn chuckled, "I thought for certain that you would have made your way here much quicker."

    "I was spending time with Pete who was showing me all the new clothes our idiotic cousin just bought for him," Khun replied.

    "How did you hear about the baby then?"

    "Arm and Pol, naturally," Khun replied. "They are the best informants on our staff when they are not wrapped up in each other. Pete and Vegas will come by to see the baby later. He seemed to be quite exhausted and Vegas didn't want to leave him yet."

    "Has Macau been told about the baby?"

    "He's not yet returned from school, to my knowledge. I'm sure he will come by soon as well," Tankhun told him as he got comfortable on the couch next to where Kinn was standing.

    "I've had the nursery opened," Kinn explained, "I want to have it aired out and cleaned. It hasn't been used since Kim was a baby."

    Tankhun nodded, "I think that mama would be happy to know that you are finally putting it to good use and with a son of the second family no-less."

    Kinn's scent changed for the briefest moment as he listened to Tankhun speak, "Venice will be living proof that nature and nurture are not the same thing. My son will finally unite both families in a way that has never happened. Kan was too short-sighted for his own good it seems."