Part 8

While the rest of the family was busy dealing with Macau and Pete, Kim was in his room with his head buried in the pillow that still smelled faintly like Chay clutching the shirt Chay had been wearing the night he disappeared. The alpha was positively miserable. His mind centered on Chay to such a degree that he was without inspiration to write, without motivation to attend his classes, and had he not been spending daylight till dusk searching for his lover, he would be without motivation to even get out of bed.

His heart felt empty. More than that, he felt stretched over a terrible distance like a rubber band almost at its breaking point. For the last several hours he had a growing sense of dread in the pit of his stomach that only seemed to worsen as the minutes inched by. Then, like he had every night for over a month, Kimhan wept.

"Where are you, Chay?" He rasped between sobs into the shirt clutched against his chest.

The misery wafting off Kim was so strong that his scent had permeated not only his bedroom but the corridor as well making even the alpha and beta guards uncomfortable. Big was the first one to speak up as he came down the hallway choking on Kim's misery.

"Something has to be done, Khun Kim can't stay like this," Big told Ken who was standing outside the youngest brother's room looking at the door in concern.

"What do we do?" Ken asked, "I've never seen him behave like this. Is it true that Porsche's brother is his mate? Like he wasn't just making it up to put everyone on edge or something?"

Big nodded solemnly, "Porchay is his pregnant mate and we can't find him."

Ken paled, he was a beta like Big, but that didn't mean he was clueless about the effects of a lost mate on an alpha. He could remember when his mother had passed from cancer as a teenager. His father had been in consolable to the point that he had drowned his sorrows and eventually himself in herbal spirits until the once fierce alpha he knew was gone for good.

"Let's try thinking about this from a different angle," Ken finally spoke after a moment, "If you were going to hide away from a family like this, you wouldn't pick the obvious places, right."

Big nodded in agreement, "You would choose someone familiar, but out of the way like a cousin—"

"Or a friend's cousin," Ken interjected enthusiastically. "Someone you know, but we don't—"

Big grabbed Ken's hand and dragged him down the hall toward the surveillance room where Arm had been assigned that evening. Barging into the room, they were not surprised to see Arm straddling Pol lap kissing his alpha quite enthusiastically. The omega's clothes were rumpled, his glasses askew and his hair in disarray from Poll hand that appeared to be buried firmly in his locks.

"Shia—" Kin shouted as his face turned an uncomfortable shade of pink having interrupted two senior bodyguards' private moment.

Arm didn't even seem ashamed as he simply pulled off his glasses and allowed his head to thunk disappointingly against the crook of Pol's neck where he snuffled in frustration.

"What do you want?" Arm asked after a moment. Pol however, was too busy smoothing his husband's shirt back into a reasonably neat state and making sure that none of his omega's skin was on display for the two betas trying to look anywhere but at them.

"Ken and I had an idea of places to look for Porchay that we may not have considered," Big explained sheepishly. Now that got Arm's attention. Sitting up in Pol's lap, Arm ran a hand through his hair and put his glasses back on before spinning around and looking at the bank of computers in front him once more.